PDA

View Full Version : NEED Help with Rim and Hub

Nate's96 300ex
11-04-2001, 11:22 AM
Well i got some 400ex stock tires with rims for my 300ex and i went to try to take the rim off the hub and it wont budge i took all the lug nuts off and every thing i even tried hitting it with a hammer and a wooden dowl rod it wont move any please help me with this one guyz i want to get these tires on

Nate's96 300ex
11-04-2001, 01:23 PM
come on guyz I really need help on this one

Nate's96 300ex
11-04-2001, 04:57 PM
man this stinks i really need help on this

crday98
11-04-2001, 05:59 PM
are they aftermarket rims you can't get off????if so,i know many that had this problem.you could pound the livin s**t out of the rim ,turning it 1/4 turn every hit and eventually it will come off or you could try heating the rim on the outside of the hub bolts and it might come off.make sure you don't heat the threads or the very center of the rim.GOOD LUCK!

Nate's96 300ex
11-04-2001, 06:12 PM
yea they are aftermarket rims i will try that tommrow

Nate's96 300ex
11-04-2001, 06:13 PM
exactly where at on the rims should i hit

400exRacerX
11-04-2001, 06:26 PM
Well well well, looks like someone else did what i did. What happen is you put the lugnuts on wrong. with aftermarket rims you need to put the flatside of the lugnut up against the rim not the taper side of the nut. with the stock rims the lug holes are alot bigger and you put the taper side in first but with after market you put the tapered side of the nut facing out. when i noticed i put the lug nuts on wrond i had a hell of a time getting the wheels off, i punded the crap out of the rim turning it a 1/4 turn after each hit, well i finally got them off but ended up bending both rims, i guess i learned my lesson.

Nate's96 300ex
11-04-2001, 06:41 PM
i think you mean the front tires im talking about the rear tires

Evan
11-04-2001, 07:49 PM
Go to the store and buy a deadblow hammer. (the one with lead inside and has no recoil.) Hit it pretty hard no fear of bending the rims because the dead blow has a soft face.

crday98
11-04-2001, 11:07 PM
you will have this problem reguardless of which way you put the lugs on although you do need to put the flat side against the rim and i would also recommend using washers(10 mm opening)or you will eventually dig into the rim if you change tires frequently.for some reason i think some of the holes aren't drilled correctly on aftermarket rims.it's not only honda,i had the same problem with my warrior,2 friends with 300ex's,and one with a 400ex.mine got stuck on my 440 but not as bad as the others i had seen.

you could do it the painful way and kick the tire as you are turning it:Dor just hit it anywhere solid but make sure you do not damage the lip,have someone turn the wheel as you are hitting it.if this doesn't work try hitting the rim then hit directly across from where you origionally hit.go back and forth giving it about 3 wacks each time.

"BLAHH"300!!
11-05-2001, 02:55 AM
haha-
- go buy new hubs and nutts- and keep those hubs and bolt on those rims- change tire.. change hub and all- keep your axel greesed

- that a joke by the way- but it would work

11-05-2001, 04:20 PM
I had the same problem on our 300ex, the lug nuts were put on with the rounded side in and it mashed the aluminum around the studs. Take off the castle nut on the hub and remove the hub with the wheel. Lay the wheel down with the studs facing up. Take a block of wood and hit the center of the hub with that and a hammer(you know what I mean). Then take a round file and file out the holes slightly on the rim. Next time install the nuts with the flat side in. This takes time but it is easiest on your expensive ,soft alloy wheels. Good luck.

Nate's96 300ex
11-05-2001, 05:20 PM
alright guyz thanks for all the info im going to try i tommrow hopefully it will come off thanks again