PDA

View Full Version : Video game systems which one is best

Nichols Atvs
01-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Looking to buy a video game system for the boys what are some opinons on these . Three big ones out what do you have an what do you like about it. Opinons on atv and motorcross games as well.

Thanks guys Heath

tireman43
01-30-2008, 08:01 AM
I've always been a Sony guy so the Playstation was my first choice. However I think the PS3 is high priced unless you want a cheap Blue Ray player. The XBOX 360 is a great system for the money and the graphics are awesome. I never thought I would have a WII but Santa brought one for the kids this year and it is a blast, even for Dad. You will actually get a wok out playing this thing. I sweat almost every time I play it because I get into it so much. You have to move and do the actions rather then just sit and push buttons like the other 2. As for games the MX vs ATV Unleashed game is pretty cool and so is the new Monster Jam game. There are more but I can't think of them right now.

So to recap, I think the PS3 has the best graphics and is fun to play but expensive. The XBOX is nice and has great graphics also and is priced a little better. The WII is my choice for the money and all around fun. Have fun Heath. If you get the WII you'll be addicted too.:D

Nichols Atvs
01-30-2008, 08:10 AM
My Neice an nephew got the wii and i did play it. it is fun and it does keep you moving. But Landon wants the mx games . Thanks Kevin. Keep them coming Lets say i wanted a cheep china quad i know theres alot of opinons on that .give them to me i have not decide on one yet.

Heath

tireman43
01-30-2008, 08:16 AM
If you want something that is a more reasonable price. The PS2 is still available and you can find a bunch of MX games for that. I am pretty sure you can find them for the Xbox too.

etondaddy
01-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Santa Claus brought Kyle a XBOX-360 for Christmas and he loves it he had a PS2 for about five years and this thing is like night and day……. He’s played the PS3 at his buddies and said the graphics suck compared to the XBOX-360. The live is pretty cool he races motocross on-line with his buddies while talking to them. But I think you can do that with all of them. He has MX / ATV untamed, Monster Jam, Halo-3, Call to duty 4, and a bunch more older games he got at the used game store…one of them is Madden 07’ he was playing that last night on the new 47” LCD wow was that cool. But I think no one is going to talk sh*t on the game system that they just put out 3 to 6 hundred skinnys for. You know what I mean. But Kyle did say he liked the XBOX-360 graphics better than both of them……… he played WII at his buddies also. I would have to say all three are good in there own way it depends on what games you want and what system there available on. It’s like someone buying a new quad and asking which one to buy and we all ask them what are you going to do with it.

Mike

Nichols Atvs
01-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Were planing on racing it so we need something good I guess will go with the DRR OH wait wrong topic . Thanks etondaddy we need to go try some out and see on the games . When you going to change your name to Hondadaddy any way.

Heath

etondaddy
01-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Nichols Atvs
Were planing on racing it so we need something good I guess will go with the DRR OH wait wrong topic . Thanks etondaddy we need to go try some out and see on the games . When you going to change your name to Hondadaddy any way.

Heath
Yea the way I see it is we drove past Cobra Alley on CVT Boulevard heading to Honda Heaven……………. how bout it……….. come on. That’s my Billy big rig talk lol.

I’ve become quite attached to etondaddy that 90 we build last year I think we’ll always be my favorite………. Buy you never know the Honda may surprise me !!!!!!!!!!

Hondadaddy

Reimer Racing
01-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Mike, I bet that new B I G S C R E E N makes playing Xbox even more fun. So tells us have you beaten Kyle yet? Or does he keep lapping you!! :D

etondaddy
01-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Reimer Racing
Mike, I bet that new B I G S C R E E N makes playing Xbox even more fun. So tells us have you beaten Kyle yet? Or does he keep lapping you!! :D
Paul........ he stops and waits for me lol

Mike

riding4fun
01-30-2008, 01:41 PM
The only game station I don't have is PS3.

I love my XBOX360. I mean I love Zachary's 360. I can't beat him at Halo3 but we are 50/50 on ATV VS MX Untamed.

We are a gamer house. We like the WII, the bowling is great. We have 1 360, 2 regular XBOX's, 2 PS2's, 2 gameboys, 1 PSP, 1 Nintendo DS, and the WII.

Good luck,

forgiven
01-30-2008, 03:47 PM
BlueRay is winning the format war as much as I didn't think they would. If you use it for a family media center addition I think it wins hands down although I got a cheap PS2 till the format war was over. I wish the studios would have announced dropping HDDVD before Christmas but whatever.

With that it is going to benefit the whole family plus surfing the internet on the big screen/projector depending on your setup.

If you are going to put it in the kids room and forget it...xbox360 would get my vote.

wvspeedfreak
01-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Austin got an XBOX-360 for Christmas and like some others have said the graphics are amazing.He still has his original XBOX and a ton of games for it so that was our main reason for staying with the xbox systems.He has tried the PS3 and said he likes the xbox better.

Nichols Atvs
01-30-2008, 05:44 PM
well i guess it a xbox 360 just need to decide which version to get
Thanks every one for the help. I think that atv mx game looks cool to play any one have that one.

Heath

etondaddy
01-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Austin got an XBOX-360 for Christmas and like some others have said the graphics are amazing.He still has his original XBOX and a ton of games for it so that was our main reason for staying with the xbox systems.He has tried the PS3 and said he likes the xbox better.
Hey Justin are you guys on live............ Kyle's gamer name is KMK5 I'm not really sure what that means but Kyle does........... request him as a friend. Or anyone out there Kyle would love to race with you.

Mike

wvspeedfreak
01-31-2008, 05:17 AM
Mike,we haven't done the online thing yet with the xbox.He hasn't really asked about it so I haven't messed with it.

etondaddy
01-31-2008, 05:55 AM
It’s pretty neat………… he sits in his gamer chair with a head set plugged into his wireless controller talking to the dudes or dudets his racing with.

Mike

quadnana7
02-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Christian has went with the PS3 and he loves it.It is so much better than the PS2 the graphics are wonderful. Our reason choosing the PS3 was he has around a 100 PS2 games and these all play on the PS3. The price wasn't that bad considering he can still play his other games it is a DVD player and a blue ray all combined into 1 that is a lot of machines when you break it down for only $500 but make sure you get the 80g it is the one that plays all the PS2 games. As for playing on line please be careful there are some virus out there that are shutting down the video game systems, we have 2 in our area (1 PS3 and a XBox 360) that we know that has been hit and their systems are locked they are having to send them back to the company and don't know if they can be fixed or not so please be careful. Thats just our choice but I know all 3 systems are good check on availability of games your children want to play that could help you make your decision