PDA

View Full Version : Air filter

camarodean1969
01-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Hi, been awile. I would like to get a better air filter set up for my son's drr 90 l/c. I have read threads that lean me to uni filter. Is this the one to go with? If it is what part# would i get for a stock 90 unit like mine. One other question, the air filter seems to me to be located in the worst spot possible, right under the front fender. I don't think you could try to locate this in a worst spot!
Has any body relocated this? I loosened the clamp and twisted it up kinda between the fender and the side plastic piece. This seems safer as far as mud and dirt, but it also if water got to it, it would drain right into the carb. Any thoughts would be greatly thanked! Dean!!!

THARNESS
01-30-2008, 11:16 AM
The UNI is the way to go. I run an outerwear cover on ours and have never had a problem with mud or water, but I try to keep my kids out of it as much as possible. Hetrick Racing has an airbox for the CVT minis. It moves the filter up behind the plastics. They will also have the UNI's and Outerwears if you wanted to go that route.

riding4fun
01-30-2008, 12:40 PM
I believe the part # UP4200st. (for the UNI filter)

bulldogfallon
01-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by riding4fun
I believe the part # UP4200st. (for the UNI filter)

That is correct Steve...

The Uni 4200 will work on the OKO 21/24MM carbs UNI 4182 on the Keihin 21/24mm and the UNI 4152 on the small Mikuni or Sunworld carbs found on the DRX50s

The only issue you will run into is if you clamp it too tight it can cause the boot to tear (sometimes on the bottom) and you can bring dirt into the engine

We use them and check them each time we ride for cracks and alway with an outerwear..... This "may' help in case you do experience a tear.

We stock both the Uni filter and outwear if you do need them.