PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket parts

525 Outlaw Dude
01-29-2008, 11:53 PM
i'm getting about $400-$450 from taxs and was wondering what you guess would spend the money on, and have you guess heard anything on the FMF 4.1 and the mega bomb header?

eerhard09
01-30-2008, 05:55 AM
Before you go and spend the $$ on a full system, ask the companies for dyno sheets on both their full system and slip-on systems. I know there are a few companies out there who are only making a slip-on because they could not get any better numbers out of the full system over the slip-on because the stock header is pretty good. The numbers I have seen from full to slip-on kind of back that up, maybe a 1 hp difference! The extra cash could be spent elsewhere where the HP numbers would be better.

somewon
01-30-2008, 10:32 AM
well here is what I would do in order (since I don't know what you already have done you could just move along the list)

1) JD ket kit
2) K&N filter
3) slip on exaust (I'm cheap so I would use HMF)
4) Nerf bars
5) A grab bar you can touch without burning your hand on the exaust.
6) other nice things like a case guard, skid plates, cup holder, ect.

you should be able to get a combination of these things with the budget you described. Other than that I think you would be looking at getting your stock shocks reworked.

If your tires are getting worn maybe this would be a good time to get some new rubber.