PDA

View Full Version : Best Steering Stem for taller rider?

random hero
01-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Just picked up my yfz and feel super cramped on it, its all stock so i figure good first mod would be to make it much more comfortable for me.. I'm 6'2" with long torso, have to bend over about 50-60° when standing, and when sitting the bars hit my knees, so my question is whats a better size to go with stem wise, +1 or +2?? I think i'll be buying a houser unless somthing used/nice comes along... any input appreciated!

d kelley
01-31-2008, 04:26 PM
I have a +2 BRAND NEW ARS-FX stem for the yfz. I am 5'8" and wanted to see it how felt using tag 2 cr hi bars. It was really nice standing up and made jumping much easier, I am going to try the +1 now because I think the +2 was a little hard for me to turn in sharp corners, it was like I couldnt get my arms around hard enough when sitting. I think Brandon Sommers(GNCC Pro) is also using this height stem(+2). PM me for a price. I also have a complete Elka Elite front & rear suspension and Lone Star DC-4 A-Arms for sale. I have a Roll Design +1.5 stem if you would want to try that. These heights are for 06 and later YFZs.