PDA

View Full Version : switching from honda oil to mobile 2 synthetic what do i need to do?

oleboy87
01-29-2008, 08:27 PM
its time for that oil change and i want to switch from honda GNA-4 or whatever it is to mobile 1 synthetic or the amsoil not sure yet but is there some kind of process i need to do for the switch?

01-29-2008, 08:45 PM
mobile synthetic makes pretty much the best oil you can possibly buy for your motorcycle, atv or car as a matter of fact. Synthetics actually make the piston and everything else glide so much more smoothly you can see a bit quicker revs. just drain the old oil and get ready for the new

oleboy87
01-29-2008, 08:48 PM
so jsut do the oil change? no flushing of the old oil or anything like that? and of course im going to change the filter.. what you guys think about the k&n oil filter over the conventional oil filter?

01-29-2008, 09:18 PM
i would just drain as much as you can, change the filter, and put in the synthetic. I wouldnt flush anything. I see all great reviews on K&N oil filters but I used Fram only because it was at Advanced Auto Parts and it was close to my house and it was on hand.

oleboy87
01-30-2008, 05:39 AM
thanks for the input guys... does anyone else have any comments about the K&N oil filter?

TRXRacer1
01-30-2008, 08:39 AM
I know with the car oil filters K&N is a total rip off. They offer the worst protection possible. If the ATV oil filters are anything the same I'd stay away from them.

As far as the oil, you can blend oils without a problem so don't worry if you have a little oil left in your engine. Just make sure you're getting a wet clutch safe synthetic.

gould514
01-31-2008, 04:23 PM
i would drain the old oil out completly put the old filter back in put synthetic in run that for a few then drain it again. then put new filter on and fill back up with the synthetic. I am anal about stuff like that i feel better if i did it that way.