PDA

View Full Version : Speaker....(need help finding something)

Titanium
01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
alright...does anybody know any trustworthy websites that sell house speakers. i dont mean those tiny square bose speakers but i need two 15" house speakers. I just blew mine and need some. I've never gotten any off the internet before i've always just traded people stuff for speakers before now. i'm thinkin about gettin some cerwinvegas(sp) or maybe some pioneers.

TRX_450
01-29-2008, 05:56 PM
JBL or Bose

mittman
01-29-2008, 07:38 PM
best investment is bose and they are f***ing sweet but it sucks that they are so exspensive

300exOH
01-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by mittman
best investment is bose and they are f***ing sweet but it sucks that they are so exspensive

That may have been true 20 years ago but their newer stuff is all hype IMO. I have an old set of bose 601's from the early 80's that are soooo much better than any of their new stuff.

Titanium- Ebay is a good resource for replacement woofers if you are just looking to replace your 15's. I'm not real up on which companies use 15" woofers but check out JBL, Klipsh, Boston acoustics plus the Cerwin Vega's.

Regular_Joe
01-30-2008, 06:58 AM
I would suggest going to a dedicated home theater website. Go to the forum dedicated to homemade subs. You will get a lot better input on good subs that you can get. Someplace like www.hometheaterforum.com or something.

Just a note, you may want 15's ... but with the newer high excursion woofers you may only need 12's at the most to be at the same level you had previously.

A lot of guys get stuff from a website called parts express. I have heard a lot of good things about the Dayton TIT400C-4 15" Titanic Mk III Subwoofer 4 Ohm from there.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-420

PS. I also agree about modern day Bose being overpriced junk. They use a technology called Q-Sound to try to make their stuff sound better. Also note that they never allow their products to be directly beside or comparable to other products in any audio store.

300exOH
01-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Regular_Joe

PS. I also agree about modern day Bose being overpriced junk. They use a technology called Q-Sound to try to make their stuff sound better. Also note that they never allow their products to be directly beside or comparable to other products in any audio store.

Very true...they would rather you not compare them to other brands and just rely on the bose name. Not to mention they don't even use wood cabinets anymore. They are all cheap plastic boxes. It seems they have given up on their direct/reflecting technology also for some reason....now they are just common everyday loudspeakers. It's a shame really. They have become the biggest gimmick in the audio world.

Titanium
01-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Regular_Joe
I would suggest going to a dedicated home theater website. Go to the forum dedicated to homemade subs. You will get a lot better input on good subs that you can get. Someplace like www.hometheaterforum.com or something.

Just a note, you may want 15's ... but with the newer high excursion woofers you may only need 12's at the most to be at the same level you had previously.

A lot of guys get stuff from a website called parts express. I have heard a lot of good things about the Dayton TIT400C-4 15" Titanic Mk III Subwoofer 4 Ohm from there.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-420

ehhh the only reason i want 15's is because my box is already cut out for 15's. it would kinda look goofy havin a 12 in a 15" hole :blah: thanks for the help.

trxwannbe
01-31-2008, 11:23 AM
for what its worth you can pick up car subs cheap at audiosavings.com and i have seen many car subs used as subs in home whether with surround sound or to a computer and they work well

<DRS>GPF
01-31-2008, 04:54 PM
BTW. there is a difference between subwoofers and a woofer/loudspeaker..
not that its improbable, but ive never seen a subwoofer in a floor standing speaker box, they are only woofers which require significantly less power to "drive" them.

be careful to replace them with the correct type of speaker or you wont get the expected sound.