PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Eton 90 questions

Oliver 550
01-29-2008, 10:56 AM
I currently have a 90 Viper and which does not run very well. It idles very smooth and as soon as gas is given it bogs down and goes dead. I have a manual choke on it and played with it and it does not help , have removed the air filter and no change either. Do any of you have any ideas where to go next?

Also what NGK plug does it take? It has a BR8HS in it but NGK says it should have BPR7HS.

Also is there a replacement air filter system that is available for these?

Can I cut off the silencer and replace it with a slip on of some kind?

Thanks for your help.

mxdad423
01-29-2008, 05:17 PM
check your private messages.....

Kevin Smitley

www.bakmotorsports.net

dopeyferree
01-30-2008, 07:52 AM
I have an eton 50 doing the same thing. If you figure it out let me know so I can try something.

88 zilla
02-21-2008, 09:02 AM
I have the same year and size eton viper and it is doing the same thing. Runs good but you give it gas it will bog down. If you give it alittle choke it will come back for a second and then bog down again with the choke on.

Oliver 550
02-21-2008, 10:08 AM
I now have acquired a 2004 ETON 50 that does the same thing. I have cleaned the carb and replaced the plug, bypassed the petcock and still no change. I have a good running Kasea 50 and the carbs are the same and I put the Eton 50 carb on it and the Kasea still runs good and the Kasea carb on the Eton does not change a thing. Compression on the Kasea is 50 psig, ETON 50 is 50psig and the ETON 90 is 60 psig. I do not know what I am going to do next. If someone has a suggestion let me know.

Thanks

Nichols Atvs
02-21-2008, 02:47 PM
If compession is under 100 then you need to rebuild at least the top end, you need to check play in the crank bearings also to much will require them to be replace aswell. What color are the plugs you may need to rejet the carbs if the plugs are black the carb is to rich you may need a smaller size main jet . If the plugs are white its to lean and need a bigger size main jet , brown is what color you want the plug to be . How old is the fuel running fuel more then 4 months old needs to be changed out for fresh fuel. buy only what you will burn .

chris300
02-22-2008, 06:09 AM
hey, just bought 1 and went through this. try cleaning the carb. and then blow compressed air through it. if that doesnt do it, try unbolting the exhaust a little. sometimes people use cheap oil and it backs up the exhaust. i'll let you know what else i tried. hope this helps.

chris300
02-22-2008, 06:13 AM
you may also check and make sure the oil line is allowing the oil to flow through. that could affect your mixture. i blew compressed air through that also and then waited till i saw oil flowing to hook it back up. if i remember anything else i will let yall know.