PDA

View Full Version : DRX vs. TRX

wheresrichie
01-29-2008, 09:20 AM
I know this might be a huge debate but I need to know. In our local series they run DRX's and TRX's together. Last year we beat up on the trx's pretty good and this year they are gunning for us. What I mean by that is they are going all out with the best of the best. Right now Hunter has a 07 DRX 90 L/C and I want to know everything we need to do so we are competitive with these 125's.
What is the best cylinder/head/piston combo...how should I set the clutch....and what ever else anyone knows would be appreciated.
Also, what will be the comparison between the 2 when I have all the upgrades done?

Thanks,
Jason

"Team Bulletproof"

dblacks
01-29-2008, 09:22 AM
biggest thing is your rules

Can you use aftermarket cylinder or just stock? Exhaust?

Can you change suspension?

wheresrichie
01-29-2008, 09:44 AM
I can do everything except make it a bigger displacement. It has to stay 90cc. Other than that anything is a go.

Nichols Atvs
01-29-2008, 11:11 AM
If you havent allready then you need to change your suspension It is not all motor that will keep you at the front .Then you need to find and engine builder that is going to be doing what you need done . Going to run between 3 and 6 bones for a good lc engine build . Use the forum archives to search out some of the questions you have on engine buliders . OH ya practice, practice and more practice . Your rider is 85 % of the race. Not that you want to tape their hand to the full throttle, but you see my point .

wheresrichie
01-29-2008, 11:48 AM
I completely agree. We have the suspension but he just has the tongue hanging out of this thing. Need more power to go with suspension.

Nichols Atvs
01-29-2008, 12:05 PM
what part of the country you located in .

wheresrichie
01-29-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm located between Rochester and Syracuse NY.

tireman43
01-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Give Gary(bulldogfallon) a call. I'm pretty sure I know what he is talking about and it is what you are looking for. Otherwise Heath(Nichols Atvs) is in your area and may know an engine builder to help you out. There are many engine builders but it's nice to find someone local, if you don't like what Gary has to offer.

mxdad423
01-29-2008, 05:10 PM
If you want my opinion call Billy Holt at WRH Racing........If you have seen Caston's machine run you will no what I am talking about......

Kevin Smitley

www.bakmotorsports.net

ecmini1
01-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Like Nichols said you can the badest machine but if the rider cant handle it all the power is a waste. Practice, pratice.
Look at the Worcs 1st round a bone stock DRR took 2nd place over modded machines it even had steeel wheels. Thats all rider.

We have had seen it time and time again build a machine and the rider is scared to use its power or gets hurt. Give it time with a well tuned machine.

tireman43
01-30-2008, 07:37 AM
He mentioned that it has suspension already and his kid is out riding the machine. Time for the engine upgrades.

wheresrichie
01-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Exactly............You hit it right on the head.