PDA

View Full Version : how do I....

some_won
01-29-2008, 12:16 AM
hey everyone,

I got my motor back from Duncan today and it looks like they did a very good job.

I do have a couple of questions that I was wondering if you all could help me with for my '07 525 (now a 540).

1) for any of you who have a teather, which wires did you tie into?

2) are all of the hoses comming off the carb vents and drains? I seem to remember that some of these lines went somewhere, but I haven't seen my bike in one peice in over 6 months.

3) does anyone else have a red wire with a white stripe just hanging out, going no where under the front plastic?

thanks in advance!

predmxr05
01-29-2008, 08:11 AM
i believe for ur teather there should be a female plug that u can put ur two wires into. atleast thats is how i did it on my pred. im pretty sure its the same on the outlaw.

OutlawBill
01-29-2008, 08:37 AM
The read wire is for extra power hook up I think.

somewon
01-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys.

I actually put everything back to gether by memory (as I said the last time I saw this machine together was in May). I was actually suprised when I got it all together the first time without any screw ups. (except the dealer kept a few of the screws and bolts and gave me back a ziplock bag with all the fasteners mixed together)

OutlawBill
01-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Found it the extra wire is for Accessory

somewon
01-30-2008, 10:10 AM
hey outlawbill, did you have to do any major rejetting after you put the 540 kit on? I had my jetting set based on JD's recommendation for the stock motor, and I was wondering if you had to make many changes.

So as an accessory wire it's hot but doesn't go anywhere? how strange.