PDA

View Full Version : cleaning truck interior?

450raider
01-28-2008, 12:50 PM
i was cleaning my trusty ford yesterday and ran into a few spots (or alot) and i just assumed people with quads are bound to have trucks......that get dirty, right, so does anyone happen to have tips on how to get dirt/mud/pop (gotta drink after a hard day ridin) stains out of a cloth interior? ive tried a few things from autozone like this stuff with a little brush on the cap and it doesnt really work, and i wasnt really sure what next so i thought id ask here so is theres any tips or simple home remedies (before i put money out for a steam cleaner)?

thanks

Scro
01-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I've tried alot of carpet cleaning products. The best I have used so far is Tough Stuff, I believe it is called - or something along those lines. It comes in a white, aerosol can with yellow top. Just let it sit for a while, then scrub it with a cloth towel - gets the stains out pretty good.

Pipeless416
01-28-2008, 01:49 PM
i have also found tuff stuff to work the best, but i have busted out our steam cleaner for really stubborn stains.. coffee. :o

300exOH
01-28-2008, 01:58 PM
I've always liked the foaming carpet/upholstery cleaners they sell at the dealerships but they are a bit pricey. Upholstery shops usually sell some good stuff too and it can be cheaper than the stuff at the dealers. I have also had surprisingly good luck getting stains out using window cleaner believe it or not. I prefer to use the clear stuff or even the foaming window cleaner in a can. I would test it on a spot you won't see first though. I know with the lighter gray seats in my truck and the wifes car it works very well plus it evaporates quickly and doesn't leave residue behind.

mittman
01-28-2008, 05:16 PM
i used some stuff i think it was called m-30 or m-3 i'm not sure i used it on my truck mats and it worked ive spent about 40$ on carpet cleaners and that stuff was great i'm sure there is better stuff out there

bah1491
01-29-2008, 10:58 AM
we have a carpet shampooer(s/p)...but it works wonders

Bradracer18
01-29-2008, 09:25 PM
A little green machine works pretty well.

If you really want to do it well, tear the carpet out of the vehicle and powerwash it.....They do this at the detail shop, with the carpet and factor floor mats, and it works good.

450raider
01-29-2008, 09:43 PM
um....i dont have a carpet....seriously it came brand new with genuine vinyl flooring (although i am really wanting carpet but at the ford dealer you gotta finance it :D), all these stains are on the seats but my little midle console/cupholder thing has gotten the worst of it and to knock down something else i tried this "goof off" stuff and while it does wonders for cleaning grease off your quad, it doesnt do much for getting around 1yr. old dirt off fabric.

step869
01-30-2008, 07:07 AM
woollite oxy cleaner
you can buy it at rite ade and thous kind out stores

spray it on let it a few mins and scrub rite off

see ya,
john

suzuki4life
01-30-2008, 04:08 PM
rhino lining or line x does wonders on interiors. rip that cartpet out line x or rhino line that bad boy. hose it right out!

mittman
01-30-2008, 04:33 PM
thats what i'm going to do to my truck next