PDA

View Full Version : 250x timing

riderssb250x
01-28-2008, 10:53 AM
have a 91 250x how do i adjust the timing? cause i think the timing jumped

buckner300ex
02-03-2008, 11:15 PM
ok.... first u take off the head cover and the bottom clutch cover or..... just the top head cover and the bottom timing nut. u need to take out the timing ajuster on the side off the jug. slide out easy there a spring. timing should b ..... top dead center end off stroke. put a zip tie or somthing in spark plug hole and slowly hand crank it ... till u feel piston tip it. thats top dead,. cam has 2 marks on it.... when piston top dead center u need to have cam arrows facing strait up and down.. after u get it all together put head back on .... hand crank it spins freely u should have it if it locks up your 180 out... u have to spin the piston one more time. and top dead center ..... had to explain but very simple in person..
lol. after u get it to go freely skip 1 tooth back for advance timing more spark ....... more power' then u will have to shim the valves. and ajust them. dont no if this helps but have a good one.

87 250x fmf pipe/
96 300ex red race cut plastic.

2003 300ex
hot snot rev box.
race cut plastic
dg bumper
full cobra pipe
razor m2
sikk mx bars.
14/25 gears'

JIMFROMTEXCO
02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
i always use the marks on the flywheel. the 2 caps on your stator cover. spin the crank untill you see the mark on the fly wheel in the smaller hole then set your cam onlike mentioned befor that way your on the right stroke.