PDA

View Full Version : New Ranchers

stlscott
01-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm thinking about buying the 2007 or 2008 Rancher. I know they are now fuel injected. Any comment on them, any differences? Are the changes big improvements over the 2006's? Is this new fuel delivery dependable and has it been used on other models before '07?

sasquatch51
01-30-2008, 09:20 PM
I have a 2007 Rancher and I love it. I have heard of no issues at all with the fuel injection system. Honda has a LOT of experience with fuel injection systems in motorcycles and cars as well as ATVs. I see no reason to be concerned about reliability.

We also have an OLD TRX300 that we use around the hunting camp...I think it's about a 1989 model. It's been at work down there since it was new and it's still running strong. The only thing that's been replaced on it is the battery and tires. It's carbureted of course.

The main thing I like about fuel the injection on my '07 is the ease of cold-weather starting. You don't have to fiddle around with the choke...you just press the start button, give it 15 or 20 seconds to warm up and get the oil circulating and go.

I have the ES model and I really like that feature. Shifting gears in big heavy hunting boots is a pain....just thumbing through the gears makes it nice.

2004300exryder
02-15-2008, 09:58 PM
i have an 07 and i love it. they seem to have more power than the 06s. pretty good fuel mileage too i ride all day on 2/3 tank. the only problem i has with mine was the electric shift monkeyed up but honda fixed it under warranty and i havent had a problem since. i also like the 2wd or 4wd select option. if you wanna play put it in 2 wheel and slide around. or go mudding in 4wd. and it comes in handy when you get stuck in 2wd.i have an 02 rancher too and pit it thru alot of abuse and only have done routine maintenence on it.

mxva5413
03-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Buy it!!!! You will not regret it!! I bought my '07 in January it's 4x4es model big improvement power wise over the 400 and 350. With fuel injection throttle response is amazing!! I've got ITP SS 112 wheels and 26" Swamp Lites on mine and you'd never know it buy riding it..no power loss that i can tell. I've owned a 400at in the past had 26" mudlites on it and no doubt that they knocked the power back a little but not on the 420!! I actually went down in CC's buying the Rancher the bike it replaced was a '05 Brute Force 650 SRA although the Brute was a blast to drive very fast!!! But it was not reliable at all or at least mine was not so i went back to a Honda!!! Buy it and enjoy it!!!!!

reconranger
03-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Had my 420 for a year now. What a peach!!! Great power, handling, suspension, and dead solid reliable...just like my 8 year old Rancher 350.

If you have ridden the old Rancher 350, the 420 is better in every way!