PDA

View Full Version : Whats Shocks Would be Good for me???

450Honda23
01-28-2008, 08:43 AM
I had my front shocks rebuilt but santo at derisi racing and they just arent good enough. I had some a-arms by a company called wiked products and they sucked. Santo tried to get my shocks set up for them and just couldnt get it because the a-arms weren't built right. so he put the stiffest spring he could to help it but not its too stiff since i have houser .5" on now. I want a good shock that isnt to exspensive. I thougt about sending them back to santo but I dont really want to wait. Gt thunder wants $365.00 for a rebuild or $225 for these spring set up. SHould I just do that or get a whole other set up of shocks? I need some opinions!!! I weight about 180lbs and ride XC Harscrables. Thanks a lot for the help...

nick249420
01-28-2008, 10:09 AM
i would say go with some after markets they are deff worth it
i just got my works shocks.. they are nice

450Honda23
01-28-2008, 10:55 AM
yea thats what i was thinking but i don treally have much to spend. So I dont know which to go with. I want rezzies though and im going to pay for that. im going to spend around $600 and dont really want to. I have $700 in my front and rear now.

yfzrider45
01-28-2008, 11:00 AM
I have elka triple rate (non. res) and they only cost around 5-600 brand new, n u can always upgrade later....

trx400EXtreme
01-28-2008, 11:04 AM
i just got my PEP race series shocks in the other day and they are definately softer than any stock shock out there. they cost me 650 plus shipping. i've got a thread about them in the open forum if you wanna go check it out. the only thing is, they are only pre-load adjustable. but they are tripple rate and have a bunch of adjustability in the springs and crossovers. the fact they aren't fully adjustable doesn't bother me because i dont race, but the are recomended for "c" and "b" class amatuer racing and play riding. my 0.02.

bart_t
01-28-2008, 11:07 AM
For me this is an easy call PEP. In talking with Wayne over at PEP he thinks that 90% of the people that get aftermarket shocks get way more then what they need. They sell the original PEP race shocks updated with the big cans for $600. Now they do not have any adjustments. You give them the info what to build them for and that is the setup. That setup has been on many of a podium. PEP is known for having some of the best valving if not the best. Also this way they are not used they are built just for you and by one of the best shock builders. Hey call SF Racing they might even be able to do better then PEP. BTW I think they build faster for SF Racing.

PEP (909) 590-4111

SF Racing (309) 208-4877

KB Motorsports
01-28-2008, 11:27 AM
I wouldn't jump on PEP to quickly. You may want to check out the Motowoz shocks. I'm running them on my YFZ450 , and several other people with no negative comments.

Motowoz Pros:
Custom Valving
Good Customer Service
Cross Over Adjustment on the fly
Cheaper than Axis and PEP

----------
Cons
If you don't like blue you may not like the shock body.

trx400EXtreme
01-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by bart_t
For me this is an easy call PEP. In talking with Wayne over at PEP he thinks that 90% of the people that get aftermarket shocks get way more then what they need. They sell the original PEP race shocks updated with the big cans for $600. Now they do not have any adjustments. You give them the info what to build them for and that is the setup. That setup has been on many of a podium. PEP is known for having some of the best valving if not the best. Also this way they are not used they are built just for you and by one of the best shock builders. Hey call SF Racing they might even be able to do better then PEP. BTW I think they build faster for SF Racing.

PEP (909) 590-4111

SF Racing (309) 208-4877 yea call SF racing before you call wayne at PEP. wayne is kinda hard to deal with. seth and pete at SF are both nice guys.

bart_t
01-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Ken,

I agree with you about Motowoz but the key is that he only wants to spend $600. For what $300 more you get the motowoz compression only. For what he is looking to spend PEP would be hard to beat.

450Honda23
01-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Well thanks for all the help guys. I think I got enough. Im still considering just changing my springs on the stock shocks I have now and going from there. I dont really have much cash flow rigth now and cant really spend a lot. However PEPS are probably going to be my choice of shocks. We'll see i guess