PDA

View Full Version : Eichner DNF

TYLER329
01-28-2008, 06:47 AM
Does anybody know what happend to Doug Eichner this weekend in the WORCS series.

carbonfiber440
01-28-2008, 11:25 AM
from what i understand he threw a connecting rod, happend as he was coming down pit row. not too far from our pits.

GE4x4
01-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Looking at the results, he had the lead from lap 1 untill his popped the piston. I don't know what happen, but they said he was doing awesome. I guess it was a mudfest with huge puddles. So I wonder if some water got it somehow??:confused:

Flynbryan19
01-28-2008, 02:23 PM
What a bummer. :(

What was his dnf record like when he was on honda? Not flaming, just seems he's had his share of problems since he got on Polaris.

GE4x4
01-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
What a bummer. :(

What was his dnf record like when he was on honda? Not flaming, just seems he's had his share of problems since he got on Polaris.

He actually did much better on the Polairs. He had 1 DNF last year and that was on the Honda. He won 3 out of the 6 rounds that he was on the Outlaw with a couple 2nds. Plus in this race, over 1/2 of the pros got a DNF as the track was real bad. And another thing about the WORCS series, you have to get 1/2 the laps as the winner to not get a DNF. Not like GNCC where if you get 1 lap in, you can place.

JAKELTR450
01-28-2008, 03:36 PM
So who won? i can't find the answer.

GE4x4
01-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Frederick. He was in 2nd when Eichner engine went.

erac4019
01-28-2008, 03:43 PM
I was just about to rag on the POLARIS DNF...until I looked at "my" Monster Kawasaki crew's results....:( I heard that it was a swamp

GE4x4
01-28-2008, 03:56 PM
I read they got between 4-6" of rain and some of the track could not be used due to huge puddles. I would not be suprised if Eichner injested water somehow, and the piston went boom.

carbonfiber440
01-28-2008, 10:28 PM
like i said he was in going down pit row when his piston went. also it was very nasty and wet. also kawi monster did not even suit up for the main, and were packed up and left before the main even started not sure what was up with that. also eichner's dnf last year was at lake havasu where he ran out of fuel if i remeber correct. track was shortened from the 8 mile loop down to just 2 and were unable to race certain parts of the motocross track.

ccmuscle22
01-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Doug was doing great and it blew coming into pit. MotoX Nutrition rider Angela Butler finished 7th in the pro-am main. Very proud of her and her Polaris ran strong.

1. Josh Fredricks (factory Can-Am)
2. Tim Shelman (Team MotoX Nutrition rider)
3. Brandon Brown (Team MotoX Nutrition rider)

Great race. There were parts of the MX track taken over by 3 foot high rivers. It was the absolute worst conditions.

I'm impressed with the Polaris overall. I spent a lot of time friday/saturday with Doug and Angela, and there bike looked very solid. Both riders were using MotoX Nutrition, Doug was testing us out and Angela has been with us. John Shafe is also a very strong rider and his Polaris got the pro holeshot sunday. All three Polaris riders got holeshots in there classes this weekend.

Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition

QuadJunkies
01-29-2008, 08:28 PM
The track literally turned into canals.. It was insane how much rain we had there.
this trail filled up in 1 hour .:huh
It was all the way up to the fenders and they had to re route portions of the course.
Riders were dropping off like flie and yes.. Eichner was doing awesome until it went"POP!"
Its hard to believe this was Arizona! :p
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/92304546.jpg