PDA

View Full Version : dealer?

rhinorick
01-27-2008, 11:44 PM
I keep hearing how great the mini is and how great the people are. so why is it that I can not find a dealer? do they not pay people enough to sell em? I'm not trying to be negative but whats the deal? I'm in boise idaho. I think there was a dealer in wa. but thats to far to go and pick up a quick part if something breaks. I know I can get em shiped but it would be nice see how they fix and get local parts. any info would be great.

forgiven
01-28-2008, 01:08 AM
30 years ago there wasn't a Honda dealership every 20 miles.

bulldogfallon
01-28-2008, 06:19 AM
I imagine DRR would also be interested in the providing same level of availability that you are seeking. It would help provide greater exposure for the brand and help increase sales while providing a higher level of service for their riders.

So why isn't this the case? I'll list a few...

I'll speak from my experiences as the S.E. distributor for DRR.

1- Outside of the racing community DRR is not a household name

2- Not being one of the big 4 people tend to throw all other quads into "they must be Chinese junk" cateogory and stay clear...they assume parts and reliability will be 2nd rate

3- The racing market where DRR clearly shines, is not a mainstream market which means a smaller client base and less sales

4- Dealers tend to look for turnover with easier sales.....Products that sell themselves rather than depending on salesman to have to actually work at a sale---Ex) Selling the DRR brand to someone that has never heard of them....(Good luck on this sale my friend)...unless they have seen one running. This is how 90%+ of our sales are started "Hey, we saw one of them DRR's when we were riding and wanted to know how to get one"

5- If a dealer brings on a line that competes with their main lines did they actually accomplish anything? Ex) If they are only going to sell 100 minis a year then selling DRR 75% of the time will leave them with 75% of an unsold anchor line... The big manufacturers make the dealers commit to large budget numebrs.

6- Race bikes are not always best serviced by a mainstream dealer....They tend to provide "by the book" service most of the time .. Racing mods require more of a specialty type of shop.

7- The DRR line up is used and sold at the race track....more so than just sitting on a showroom floor.

8- Some dealers have been bitten by other secondary brands before---That have unfortunately decided to no longer service the U.S. (Kasea, Dinli etc)

If you have any potential dealers in your area let us know and if they are not already located in another authorized dealers territory then I am sure DRR will be glad to discuss a potential dealership with them.

JIM GRACE
01-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by rhinorick
I keep hearing how great the mini is and how great the people are. so why is it that I can not find a dealer? do they not pay people enough to sell em? I'm not trying to be negative but whats the deal? I'm in boise idaho. I think there was a dealer in wa. but thats to far to go and pick up a quick part if something breaks. I know I can get em shiped but it would be nice see how they fix and get local parts. any info would be great.

We had ours shipped from pittman racing (kentucky) last year
to new jersey and they lowered the price to offset the shipping, so I paid the same as if the dealership was next door..

they even had the nerfs powdercoated as well as the wheels
and installed a kill switch. so when i got it took about 15 min. to assemble and we where off to break her in...

brandons dad #55

rhinorick
01-28-2008, 11:50 AM
I know I can get one shiped. I just would like to bring my kids down and sit on em and when they dreak go to a local shop to get parts. I was just woundering why no one is selling em.

Perazzimx14
01-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Rhinorick,

Most dealers stock a very limited amount of parts. Anytime a part is sitting waiting to be bought it is costing the shop money. Call around to the big 4 shops in your area and ask for something simple like an air filter for a TRX90. I am sure the answer is "we don't stock that but we can order one in for you" .

DRR parts are like every other part, order it over the internet and you will probly get it cheaper and faster than visiting the local dealer.

Lance

humboldt hills
01-30-2008, 08:53 AM
I know I can get one shiped. I just would like to bring my kids down and sit on em and when they dreak go to a local shop to get parts. I was just woundering why no one is selling em.

Gary couldn't have explained it any better.
Something else to keep in mind is, most people that think they are going to take it to a dealer to fix it, because it just isn't running right, will learn real quick all the little things to fix it themselves. In most cases the buyer knows more about them then some dealers after a few months. These are race bikes, maintinance must happen after every ride. Parts will be received by the next race weekend nearly every time. DRR is better than anybody when comes to shipping parts. We waits weeks and even months to recieve some big 4 parts. Never happens with DRR.
my $.02

rhinorick
01-30-2008, 10:10 AM
I must have good luck with the honda dealer. I have had to weight was 2 weeks and that was for the right side case because they had to verify the vin # they have had alot of the stuff I need in stock. I did call and ask the shop owner if he would look into em and he said the same kind of stuff that bulldogfallon posted.

guy310
01-30-2008, 11:34 AM
[30 years ago there wasn't a Honda dealership every 20 miles.]

I am betting that 30 years later there is still not a Honda dealership every 20 miles in Idaho. I would hardly compare DRR to Honda. Great machines, lots of things going for them (DRR), but in general I think quite a stretch there.

etondaddy
01-30-2008, 12:03 PM
That’s the thing if your racing the dealer is useless to you………. You need replacement race parts…….. And there’s a pile of them on the net that will have it for you before the next race. If you’re not racing there are enough people with new take off parts on here that can fix you up. And just about everyone on here has jog motor parts or knows were you can get them.

Mike

riding4fun
01-30-2008, 12:34 PM
rhinorick,

In March 2007 I bought 2 of the DRR's. I was in the same boat you are speaking of. I had never worked on one before or any motorcycle or atv for that matter and didn't know how they would be fixed if they broke down. No dealerships nearby.

This month I just finished my first entire rebuild. That's to include all motor work, suspension and every nut and bolt. At first I thought it was too much for me but after reading post after post and asking questions I was able to get it done.

Many people helped me with information from this website and phone calls. There are some great people on this board that will bend over backwards to help. I am greatly appreciative to all for that. And after the quad started for the first time I felt great. Like others have said if it's a race quad you will want to do the work yourself. If I can do it anybody can.

There are all kinds of places to get your parts from on the net.

Darrell

QuadJunkies
01-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Rick, I know of someone locally who can probably order one for you and as far as trying one out,you know Corys son has an 08 and you can try ours on for size too! :)

etondaddy
01-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by riding4fun
rhinorick,

In March 2007 I bought 2 of the DRR's. I was in the same boat you are speaking of. I had never worked on one before or any motorcycle or atv for that matter and didn't know how they would be fixed if they broke down. No dealerships nearby.

This month I just finished my first entire rebuild. That's to include all motor work, suspension and every nut and bolt. At first I thought it was too much for me but after reading post after post and asking questions I was able to get it done.

Many people helped me with information from this website and phone calls. There are some great people on this board that will bend over backwards to help. I am greatly appreciative to all for that. And after the quad started for the first time I felt great. Like others have said if it's a race quad you will want to do the work yourself. If I can do it anybody can.

There are all kinds of places to get your parts from on the net.

Darrell
I've spent a few hours on the phone......... I know Kevin has...;) all I need is a number I have Vonage I can call all most anywere.

quadscrib
01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I personally only consider My local dealers in caes of emergency... and they barely come through then.
I can find ANYTHING in duplicate for my sons DRX and My YFZ450 online.
Stay on this forum and the kind folks here will help you get anything you need. Theyve helped me ALOT so far

rhinorick
01-30-2008, 05:47 PM
thanks tina I didnt know Cory had got a new one yet. I'll have to talk to him do you know if he is going to the flat track on sat?

QuadJunkies
01-30-2008, 11:47 PM
thanks tina I didnt know Cory had got a new one yet. I'll have to talk to him do you know if he is going to the flat track on sat?
Im not sure, but I doubt he will.

ex2pred
01-31-2008, 07:45 PM
rhinorick, Just let me know if you want to try one out. I also still have the 2006 drx50 for sale....Cory 250-6844

quad1rider
02-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Ok here's a deal buy 6 DRR quads at base price of $$$$$ each $$$$$ .....no need for stocking parts... and thats is it stated by DRR... Have a shop to do repairs AND>>>

THEY SELL THEMSELVES>>>>>>

We applied for sponsorship with DRR and DRR called us and said we where on a short list of 15 riders to be handed to hetrick for review ,,,,Problem here was Hetrick's was the people calling the shots on who makes it.

humboldt hills
02-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I know I should stay out of this nonsense, but obviously you had a short conversation with one person at DRR. They told you all the stuff they do, but you didn't follow up with the right people.
By posting what you got quoted as a dealer price just shows that you are childish, because you should show some class.

pnbsdad
02-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Dear quad1 listen it's not that hard to become a drr dealer. Not sure if you just don't like drr but hey thats on you . I have an apex and have had problems with it from the get go. Apex isn't the easyest to work with ethier. Everyone has an opinion sometimes it's best to keep it to yourself:) Both quads have to good point and bad points if you really wanna find them. But lets not burn our bridges.

quad1rider
02-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Gary and hummer you guys are in DRR defense mode, if you read the post as a nuetral party it states what it takes to become a dealer,

Gary I wanted you as a back-up if we didnt get sponsorship and I believe I told you what DRR stated to me and your right I am still getting a DRR for this year

And as far as follow up he spoke with LOU on every occasion as a fact there was times he said he had to get back after talking to LOU... ...

GARY, YOUR A GREAT PERSON TO DEAL WITH AND YOU GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO HELP THE CUSTOMER. AS SPEAKING WITH YOU ON THE PHONE AND HAVING THE CONCERNS YOU DO ABOUT HOW SOME BUILDERS are NOT GIVING THAT ADDED EDGE TO EVERY RIDER'S BUILD IT'S A PLUS THAT is WHAT WILL MAKE YOU YOUR $$$$.... PEOPLE LOOK FOR HONESTY

END OF THIS TOPIC....

quad1rider
02-03-2008, 08:38 AM
OH YES GARY YOU WHERE RIGHT They WENT BACK ON SELLING THAT QUAD DIRECT OR EVEN AT A DISCOUNT AS A DRR RIDER ... This is to protect their dealers so I understand..

ME AND LOU HAVE A HISTORY AND HE KNOWS ME WELL BY NAME.... He was going to give my son a quad last year when one got stolen... Great guy!!!

wrhracing
02-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Guys, I'm not a moderator here , and this kind of conversation really runs up the hits for the web site. Really it does...
But maybe a personal e mail or phone call or cooling off time is better?

Both will look better in the public eye !
As a customer desiring possible sponsorship, I'd consider taking it to the track and let results speak.

Most of all have fun.

Sorry in advance for butting in.

quad1rider
02-03-2008, 09:14 AM
WR,

Hey your right about one thing , with gary's help we plan to win a title this year but i dont know how I should register the bike ... just keeping it objective...

Im not mad , and I didnt start the topic I did see some items that I corrected that I should not have added in the post like the pricing... truly the pricing went up this year anyway...supply and demand..

wrhracing
02-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by quad1rider
WR,

Hey your right about one thing , with gary's help we plan to win a title this year but i dont know how I should register the bike ... just keeping it objective...

Im not mad , and I didnt start the topic I did see some items that I corrected that I should not have added in the post like the pricing... truly the pricing went up this year anyway...supply and demand..

Speaking from experience, I would register it as what it is . Be it Kasea, Polaris, Drx , Apex, Xtreme...
Say what it is, when it is, what it is, thank who helps you during the year, even if it' s not your imediate sponser. Even if it's something small. Even if it's a correct answer to a question that helps you get things going again or gives you better understanding .
Maybe they can help you better the following year.

humboldt hills
02-03-2008, 10:02 AM
We have been a DRR dealer for almost a year. We nearly have the learning curve of how they do things down to a science. They are a small company with limited man power. Let the dealers deal with DRR, you are more of a customer. You need to deal with the dealer. Let us do the translation. If every customer tried to contact the factory, its going to be overload, and you are going to get the answers you want to hear so they can answer the next call. Maybe not a good excuse, but I think its true.

quad1rider
02-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Now I was told by several Dealers that if you are or have someone good enough the best support and sponsorship will only come from the factory,,, that is why we contacted them we have 3 quads now but need another just to run the stock class to give us some recognition...and national sponsorship for the next year.. we dont plan on losing..

We have great sponorship already and winning on a DRR would be icing on the cake , I hear the Worcs team dont all ride DRR's from what i heard wonder why?

raidernut
02-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Our team is not solely sponsored by DRR, but by Hetrick Racing, and others. Yes there are only 2 older kids on the team that are not on DRRs anymore..They are on the team, because they are older kids, who are not only good riders, but are role models to our younger DRR mini riders. The younger kids on our team are all on DRRs. We made this race team to have fun, and have something the kids can be a part of. We are not interested in mini politics, and do not put pressure on our kids to win. The kids are learning how to act professional, and to promote our sponsors products while still having a good time, and making lifetime friendships. That is what youth racing or any youth sports should be about.

humboldt hills
02-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Raidernut, you are 100% correct and many parents need to learn this. I always liked this quote by seven time mx/sx champion Rick Johnson
"DOn't drive yourself to ruin to support your kid, you've got to think of your family first"

QuadJunkies
02-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by raidernut
Our team is not solely sponsored by DRR, but by Hetrick Racing, and others. Yes there are only 2 older kids on the team that are not on DRRs anymore..They are on the team, because they are older kids, who are not only good riders, but are role models to our younger DRR mini riders. The younger kids on our team are all on DRRs. We made this race team to have fun, and have something the kids can be a part of. We are not interested in mini politics, and do not put pressure on our kids to win. The kids are learning how to act professional, and to promote our sponsors products while still having a good time, and making lifetime friendships. That is what youth racing or any youth sports should be about.

AMEN!

rhinorick
02-05-2008, 07:44 PM

I think thats great that they take care of the older kids also sounds just like good people to me. what year was Kelsey on a drr?

JIM GRACE
02-06-2008, 05:55 PM
If I never stumbled onto this website I probably would have never heard of the dr nation or gary fallon. Boy I'm glad I did..
brandons new drx mk 70 is on it's way and I can't wait to see my son's face because he has no idea...

The best part about is that the bike is ready to go so I won't have and "build" projects to post lol !!

I will slap on a gen-x hood and some numbers and he will be ready to go in 2008.. thanks again Gary

p.s I could use some pointers on how to update your profile so I can add the new addition to the family...

brandons dad #55

QuadJunkies
02-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by JIM GRACE
If I never stumbled onto this website I probably would have never heard of the dr nation or gary fallon. Boy I'm glad I did..
brandons new drx mk 70 is on it's way and I can't wait to see my son's face because he has no idea...

The best part about is that the bike is ready to go so I won't have and "build" projects to post lol !!

I will slap on a gen-x hood and some numbers and he will be ready to go in 2008.. thanks again Gary

p.s I could use some pointers on how to update your profile so I can add the new addition to the family...

brandons dad #55
Congrats on the new ride!:cool:
Rick,I think that was just a type-O.

TNK/DRR
02-14-2008, 03:20 PM
I CAN GET YOU IN TOUCH WITH A DEALER IN SELAH WASHINGTON, JUST OUTSIDE OF YAKIMA, THEY WILL SHIP ANYTHING YOU NEED. THIER PHONE # IS 1-509-969-0634.

rhinorick
02-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by TNK/DRR
I CAN GET YOU IN TOUCH WITH A DEALER IN SELAH WASHINGTON, JUST OUTSIDE OF YAKIMA, THEY WILL SHIP ANYTHING YOU NEED. THIER PHONE # IS 1-509-969-0634.

thanks I went with the trx got one today ;)

TNK/DRR
02-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Word is, DRR has some new models coming up, other than the 250, 300 and 250 utility. Word is, of a 450 6-speed bike, and if it turns out like thier mini's have, our growing children will be riding DRR's for a while. Let's just hope the rumor is true!

ecmini1
02-16-2008, 08:11 PM

BINGO!

This is what its all about.

TNK/DRR
02-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Let's all keep our fingers crossed. I'll own the first one!