PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback on Maxxis Irazr mx and razrcross tires?

NJ450rider
01-27-2008, 10:50 PM
I have Maxxis Razr mx tires that i love. Just wondering if anyone has tried out the Maxxis Irazr mx tires or Maxxis Razr cross tires and how you like em. How well do they do in the loose stuff? Sand, silt etc. Reviews on the fronts and rears would be great. Or which ever ones youve personally used. Thanks.

jherbie28
02-02-2008, 07:27 AM
i dont personally have them but you cant go wrong with tires that the pros run, dustin wimmer runs them. the razor cross and pat brown. how are the razr mxs i want to try them and can get them pretty cheap but how good do they where? thanks

oh the razor cross are itp arent they or are you talking about something else.?

gimp419
02-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Razr Cross rears:
Great tire for loamy track conditions but they are not good on hard pack blue groove at all.

IMX fronts:
These tires steer great but have a little too much tire roll for my taste, do good on all surfaces if you don't mind the roll from them being radials.

Rarz MX Soft Compounds:
Best tire on the market today IMO, won't last but a couple of races but the traction on hard pack is second to none! The 2 ply yellow label version is the best.

I've not had a chance to try the IMX rears or the razr cross fronts, a lot of guys I talk to love the cross fronts though.

Hope this helps

Ex_Rider43
02-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Where can you get those Razrs , nobody seems to be able to sell them.

gimp419
02-03-2008, 11:07 AM
You can pick them up at any race that Maxxis is attending, ie (WPSA, GNCC, GNC etc...) Also you can get them from anyone who is set up with Marshall distributing, they started to carry the soft compound tires last fall. I can get them for you through my shop but they aren't cheap retail on them is around $100 a tire. Don't remember what Maxxis was selling them for at the track?

wolfpack91
02-03-2008, 09:54 PM
I've bought front and rear razr cross' from rocky mt. in just the last week.