PDA

View Full Version : 250r clutch problem.. I need some help.

DJR300ex
01-27-2008, 09:24 PM
I just got around to replacing the clutch on my old 250r and now im having a problem with it. Well, the clutch won't engage right and the bike just won't shift into gear when its running. I made sure it was in there right and everything, and I've tried everything I know to do and it's still giving me trouble. The cable is adjusted right and everything else seems to be good. It shifted fine before I put the clutch in, so I know it has to have something to do with the new clutch. Any ideas of what could be wrong with it?

xcracer416
01-27-2008, 10:26 PM
pull the cover off and see if its disengaging correctly. if it is then you have something in there causing it

fmftrx300ex
01-28-2008, 07:18 PM
try reajusting it like releas tention until theres like none at all and then work from their it may be adjusted corectly...for your old clutch plates. good luck

fmftrx300ex
01-28-2008, 07:18 PM
try reajusting it like releas tention until theres like none at all and then work from their it may be adjusted corectly...for your old clutch plates. good luck

01-29-2008, 04:00 PM
ok this happin to me one time there is this littlie thing under the left side of the clutch it is most likly not in place

racernorris
02-03-2008, 08:10 AM
i hope you put a factory clutch back, i have had this problem with some after market clutch, also did you soak your clutch fibers in oil (at lest 2hrs) before installing?

norris quinn
quinn motor sports