PDA

View Full Version : New drx owner question

quadscrib
01-27-2008, 06:49 PM
I have an 08 50 l/c sunworld carb. I want to remove the snorkle. Can I just use the filter on the end of the snorkle ? And if so what about removing the cover off it? Jetting suggestions.....50 limited stock class OK rule wise?

tireman43
01-27-2008, 07:20 PM
You will have to check you local or district rules to see if this is legal or not. As for using it without the tube, yes it will work and the jetting should be close. This is what I do, but would recommend the Uni Filter if you can make a change. I don't do it due to rules. Our rules won't let us change to the Uni but were o.k if I just used what it came with minus the tube.

hotquads1
01-28-2008, 01:02 PM
The ATVA rules have changed for 08' , aftermarket air filters will be legal. The uni with a outerwares works great.
marc

quadscrib
01-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanx for the GOOD info, that takes alot of the B.S, out of that deal .
I havnt been able to find the 08 rules so far myself.
It appers Ive posted this before... I had computer problems the other day.

bulldogfallon
01-29-2008, 04:23 AM
Is the air filter change a proposal or has it been approved?

Use a UNI 4152 which bolts righ on to the carb

Also--always check to make sure the rubber boot doesn't rip....

From all of the jumping and vibration the clamp and the spigot on the carb will casue the rubber part of the filter to crack and let dirt into the engine and to run lean (both very bad)

Keep an extra filter at all time and the outerwears is a great ideas as well.

That is what we recomend with any new quad purchase.

Good luck

hotquads1
01-29-2008, 08:06 AM
the air filter rule proposal, has been approved , from what I understand.
marc

brainwashed
02-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Watch the carb boot between the carb and cylinder. Our little DRX 90 ripped the carb boot on our first weekend of riding and the quad wouldn't run.

It was a hassle figuring out what was wrong.