PDA

View Full Version : cleaning out a case?

sycoracer911
01-27-2008, 04:33 PM
alright guys i bought a 250r that was blown up... blew a hole in the piston... anyway i want to flush the bottom end out to hopefully get all the metal out of there fi any went down in.... now what is the best method of doing this.... cuz i got the cylinder off and all.... should i put the drain plug back in and poor some kero down into the bottom end from where the cylinder should be and rock it back and forth a little and just keep draining it like that? or should i use oil? or what?

f4istunna
01-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Ive only flushed 2 motors where i didnt split the cases I used cheap motor oil and let it flow w/ the plug out. Ive used kero in car motors though so im sure you could go that route also just make sure you let it drain completly and maybe flush w/ a quart of oil afterwards also.

Aceman
01-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Tear it down completely. Not worth risking a new topend IMO.:o

You do realize the the crankcase is separate from the transmission? Drain plug isn't going to help ya...

stumpleg
01-28-2008, 09:09 AM
When my rekluse went in my 450, I had metal flakes all over the place on the tranny side. I filled with diesel fuel, and started it and let it run for a minute, then drained it. Did this repeatedly until I couldn't notice it anymore. Don't see why this wouldn't work, even though you couldn't start it, but you could flush it around.

sycoracer911
01-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Aceman

You do realize the the crankcase is separate from the transmission? Drain plug isn't going to help ya...

actually i forgot.... alright so i guess im pullin the whole motor.. anyway if i filled the up with diesel and shook it around and flipped the motor upside down and let it drain.... would that work? should i then poor oil in there and then do the same thin and flip it upside down so it can drain.... do i ahve to put more oil in there?

rt20ps
01-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Aceman

He's right. It only takes one small piece of metal to destroy your new topend. Your main bearings may need replaced too. DO IT RIGHT!!

01-29-2008, 03:55 PM
this happin to me i used kero an never had a problem