PDA

View Full Version : What stablilizer?

asjr39
01-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Im leaning towards the elka 3 or 5. but not sure I hear they are hard to adjust. Whatcha think? any recommendations?

ltrracer
01-28-2008, 05:50 PM
The precision is the best but if your going with elka it depends, the 5 is better but for an amatuer or someone who doesnt know what they are doing there is too much adjustments, so if you are a newbie go with the 3 lol

brink400
01-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Id go precision. Elka products arent really the best IMO. Theres 2 quads sitting in my shop with stabs on them, 1 quad has a leaking stab...guess which one. Yep, the elka. Now I know it doesnt mean much cause the elka has been used for a while and the precision is brand new, but i have not heard one single report of a precision blowing a seal and leaking. That and the elka has so many adjustment nobs and the precision has 2, so youre head wont explode when you are trying to get it dialed in to your specific needs.

ltrracer
01-29-2008, 07:43 PM
geez jordan, i cant believe you even considered buying an elka in the first place lol j/p

brink400
01-31-2008, 06:39 AM
Oh trust me I never even thought about it. The system 5 is on Nates quad, but it just so happens to be chilling out in my shed right now. The funny thing is, he used to have a precision on the YFZ, but sold it and then a few months later got an Elka...:huh

rob-u/21
01-31-2008, 08:07 AM
A lot of people stay away from those stabilizers cause of there high cost, but if you are going spend that much money then go with the precision, there a proven product.

ltrracer
01-31-2008, 04:29 PM
if you cant afford a precision either rob a bank or sell a kidney, dont waste your time with any other one :D :D