PDA

View Full Version : What to expect racing C class?

jesseweaver
01-27-2008, 12:22 PM
do they hit all the of jumps? how fast are the other guys through whoops sections? anyone have any videos of some C class MX?

the Z Man
01-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Alot of guys are going to be taking each other out, crashing everywhere and hope they don't land on you!!!!!

honda250xrider
01-27-2008, 02:21 PM
depending where you are some of the c class riders are serious sandbaggers and are only in that class so they can get 1st place trophy i've seen classes where the people should have simply been in b-a class, c-class riders are moderate everywhere i would say nothing speical do not hit every jump on the track(depending on the jump sizes) and are noticably more out of control than in control you can say, the riding style does not look smooth but many are learning and having fun

01-27-2008, 02:36 PM
yeah I have seen some serious C class sand baggers. a few i have seen riding off the track and they were absolutely amazing at riding and were really good yet they race in c class

klutch
01-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Well some one like me who has never raced and rides a 300ex and i ride pretty well from what i've been told i keep up with my buddy and he races b class with an MX Z400 i keep up until straight aways.... should i race B or C? i Wouldn't know i have never raced would i be considered a sand bagger if i raced C class and blew everyone away?

Sjorge450R
01-27-2008, 05:54 PM
jesse. Most C class riders are beginners. thats what the class is designed for in D-6. Most of them know how to ride decently but there are one or two that drop a class just so they can win races. Its weird idk. Its prob the most dangerous class to race in. I know i would never race in that class. Most B and A class racers are courteous to each other.

jesseweaver
01-27-2008, 06:11 PM
im thinkin about just skipping C cause of how dangerous it is. i was watching some videos from the hangover harescramble in 07 at rocket raceway and chris borich was the only one hitting the same jumps i do. i know thats a XC race though. would that be a good idea to skip C or should i do at least one race in C?

416exfreak
01-27-2008, 06:40 PM
In C class, to my experience the people are just plain dangerous.

They wont intentionally take you out, but it happens. And of course you have the sand bagger than wins it all. Just ride to your abilities, try to hold your own line and most importantly, have fun!

Remember to breathe though. That helps alot!:D

suzukiboy
01-27-2008, 11:51 PM
I raced C class and had problems with people drivin crazy. Since then I have honed my skills and try to stay away from them. In the fairgroud circuit they practice with you though. Skip it, unless u fitin that category of crazy

TWILES
01-28-2008, 08:38 AM
My first c-class race was 10 years ago and they were wild then. It wasn't bearly-legals either. It was 14 - 35 out there. My biggest problem with c-class was that I could get a good start and ALWAYS got hung up behind a wreck or a couple times when I had a straight shot to the front coming out of a turn, I got a front wheel stuck between my front wheels and nerf bar. When there was a actual series around here, you could only run c for 2 years. My advice would be to spend a few months in "C" getting used to being on a track AND beng on a track with other people and practice a lot and move to "B" asap. Personally, I'd rather finish last as be taken out every race. When I started, c-class was worse than the local dirttrack races. Most of them were on POS's and didn't mind trashing the bike or hurting you/themselves to get a $2 trophy. I haven't noticed that as much since the basemodel atv started costing $7000+ but there are still a few that are idiots.

baldwinmx450r
01-28-2008, 09:28 AM
It all depends on what series. I know that most national C riders are just starting at the bottom of the totem poll to work their way up. I ran C class my first two years of nationals. I never had a ton of problems with crazy bashing etc... Remember the c class is a "beginner" class. in theory it is to be expected that the racers don't have the speed/skills as B or A riders. The biggest problem I had in C class is that you have local A or "pro" riders entering, thinking they can snag an easy trophy. It was funny after they talked themselves up and didn't qualify lol. Give C a chance, gauge you're speed and ability. If you smoke everyone then roll up to B. You can always move up, you can't move back as easily.

-Ross

trick250r
01-28-2008, 11:43 AM
unless you've raced before, go with c class. Its made for people just starting out. It teaches you how important the holeshot is and how to stay out of trouble. Plus, if you get out there and choke, you'll be a hazard to some b and most a riders.

Sjorge450R
01-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
im thinkin about just skipping C cause of how dangerous it is. i was watching some videos from the hangover harescramble in 07 at rocket raceway and chris borich was the only one hitting the same jumps i do. i know thats a XC race though. would that be a good idea to skip C or should i do at least one race in C?

well its your first year racing. I would say if you are going to Dutchmen for the first race, race the 16-24 C class. After you do that and you figure out if you are comfortable with your skill, move to B. One race isnt gonna hurt anthing, espescially if you arent racing for points. If you have any questions, hit me up on aim Sjorge3442

later

SRH
01-28-2008, 04:47 PM
c class is like wtaching a a newer war move when its showing the frontlines

dont go to b, start in c

JJs450r
01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
depending where you are some of the c class riders are serious sandbaggers and are only in that class so they can get 1st place trophy i've seen classes where the people should have simply been in b-a class, c-class riders are moderate everywhere i would say nothing speical do not hit every jump on the track(depending on the jump sizes) and are noticably more out of control than in control you can say, the riding style does not look smooth but many are learning and having fun

2nd that one how it is around here