PDA

View Full Version : 0utlaw 525 exhaust help

decker
01-26-2008, 12:44 PM
i am looking to buy a exhaust set up for my 07 outlaw 525 irs. i want LOUD!!! i see that everyone keeps saying go with the hmf setup but i also hear that it is quieter than stock. if someone can throw out some ideas for me it would be greatly appreciated. so ya the louder the better thanks.

decker
01-26-2008, 04:02 PM
anyone?

OutlawBill
01-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Loud is stupid.

MTDman11
01-26-2008, 08:21 PM
i got a dg rcm full alloy system not to mention it was very cheap was 180 for me brand new dirrect from dg's website, this is the loudest pipe ive ever heard. everyone thinks it is unbelievable at how loud it is. it has reverse cone megaphones to make it louder and it helps suck out acces exhaust fumes. try searching some rcm vids to see if its loud enough for you.

eerhard09
01-26-2008, 09:36 PM
HMF is not quieter than stock, it is a little quieter than the stock exhaust with the baffle removed (on the 07 models), big difference than just stock!

bossman525
01-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by decker
i am looking to buy a exhaust set up for my 07 outlaw 525 irs. i want LOUD!!! i see that everyone keeps saying go with the hmf setup but i also hear that it is quieter than stock. if someone can throw out some ideas for me it would be greatly appreciated. so ya the louder the better thanks.
dude, loud isn't everything. for one, when your in a riding area, all your going to do is piss people off, and unless your closed course racing, most or all places you ride, to loud of a pipe is illegal. thats why there are regulations like that in areas, so to keep the noise down so it dont get SHUT DOWN.

decker
01-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Hey Decker, I know you're new here so let me just tell you to please keep the language down. This is a family site and lots of kids read here as well as adults. Please read the rules before posting. Thanks!
Quadfamily

thanks for the suggestion MTdman11 im definatly going to look in to that as long as they make one for the outlaw

anyone else no of any that might be what im looking for?

willb
01-28-2008, 03:25 PM
I had a dg also. It was tooo loud. Even with a helmet on. I hope you have your own property. Load exhausts arent allowed in most tracks or trail systems as well as they usually do not have a spark arrestor either.

Trxman300
01-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by willb
I had a dg also. It was tooo loud. Even with a helmet on. I hope you have your own property. Load exhausts arent allowed in most tracks or trail systems as well as they usually do not have a spark arrestor either.

i want a dg!

organic
02-08-2008, 08:20 AM
What I love more than anything is pulling up where I ride and hearing really loud susuckees, yamascawls, and kawasuckies. Then we go to the drag areas and the last I hear of them is at the start of the drag race but they get to hear plenty of my CT Racing exhaust. :)

Loud usually means all sound no go.

decker
02-08-2008, 12:18 PM
so is there any other suggestions with which setup i should go with? with out all the comments on how you hate loud so much.

OutlawBill
02-08-2008, 01:35 PM
FMF

organic
02-08-2008, 01:40 PM
I love the sound and the horse power of my CT exhaust it performs amazingly and for the money it is amazing. you get a complete exhaust and Alan Knowles the owner of the company is very accesable. You should have already changed your air filter over to k & n so not having one come with the CT is no big deal. Installation of the pipe is a breeze. The jet is a little awkward but all in all not bad. Be carefull not to damage your float when you change out your jet is the advice i will give. There is also a plastic insert that always carries a little fuel for when you are on odd angles or god forbid upside down, that will fall fall off the main needle when you replace your jet but again nothing real painful. CT has proven products and knowledge with the outlaw so they get my vote every time, no contest.

Rig
02-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Hey Outlaw Bill which FMF do you suggest for the 525? And how is the fit? Thanks

Sorry for the thread hijack decker!

OutlawBill
02-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Rig
Hey Outlaw Bill which FMF do you suggest for the 525? And how is the fit? Thanks

Sorry for the thread hijack decker! I have on Ides I like my Duncan he wanted something loud and FMF's are loud. :D

rgasper33
02-09-2008, 10:09 AM
What about Yoshi. They have a full exhaust out now for $595, guess it all depends on your price range.

jcooksey
02-23-2008, 08:06 AM
I highly recomend this pipe i put it on my Outlaw 525 and cannot believe the difference it made!!

decker
02-23-2008, 05:06 PM
thanks for the help i think im gonna order a ct racing setup.

jcooksey
02-23-2008, 08:41 PM
You will not be disappointed with the CT Rcing pipe also invest in the JD Jetting kit you will be glad you did!

SSJEFF
02-24-2008, 12:19 PM
My alba is pretty loud.

Chris525
02-25-2008, 04:52 AM
Heres Duncan's

www.duncanracing.com/buyersguide/PolarisOutlaw525.phtml