PDA

View Full Version : 250x runs horrible

riderssb250x
01-26-2008, 11:47 AM
hey guys i went out ridin today and my quad was runnin fine at forst its a 91 250x i was just messin around in a field and i went to do a whellie poped the clutch n it bogged out now it runs like crap like 3rd geAR feels like first and i cant hold it more thean half throttle or it bogs out anyone had this problem? i need help asap, i also just put new gasket sealer on the valve cover and put it back together and gave it an oil change if that helps at all and its recently been jetted but iv been out riding with it before this and it ran fine please help guys

rap169
01-26-2008, 01:04 PM
First off wrong area to put this post. But it sounds like the carb needs a good cleaning. Main jet sounds dirty

soyo
01-26-2008, 09:18 PM
totally your carb, clean very good even the pilot and main, put an inline filter in between your cockpit and your carb! and don't put bad gas in it, or from a dirty can! get a clean can and always use that can. i see to many people put dirty gas in there quad and expect it to be just fine! do this and you will be allright

markk
01-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by soyo
totally your carb, clean very good even the pilot and main, put an inline filter in between your cockpit and your carb! and don't put bad gas in it, or from a dirty can! get a clean can and always use that can. i see to many people put dirty gas in there quad and expect it to be just fine! do this and you will be allright

IM WITH HIM!:macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :chinese: :chinese:

riderssb250x
01-27-2008, 02:22 PM
yea well i took it apart today and dfound out that the 2 screws from the arm that brings the carb slide up and down came out so i put it back togehrt and it ran fine so i went out ridin and about 20 min into the ride the same thing hapened again anyone think they know whats wrong maybe the slide is striped and the screws vibrate loose?

rap169
01-27-2008, 04:29 PM
did they tighten good or did they feel loose? Try some locktite if it came loose again