PDA

View Full Version : 250x runs horrible

riderssb250x
01-26-2008, 11:44 AM
hey guys i went out ridin today and my quad was runnin fine at forst its a 91 250x i was just messin around in a field and i went to do a whellie poped the clutch n it bogged out now it runs like crap like 3rd geAR feels like first and i cant hold it more thean half throttle or it bogs out anyone had this problem? i need help asap, i also just put new gasket sealer on the valve cover and put it back together and gave it an oil change if that helps at all and its recently been jetted but iv been out riding with it before this and it ran fine please help guys

Trxman300
01-26-2008, 08:13 PM

MTDman11
01-26-2008, 08:17 PM
srry accidently posted on bros thing, well if you store it outdoores and it got wet the steering stem might of filled with water were the breathing tube goes and it could of sucked in water... just an idea

bwamos
01-27-2008, 12:00 AM
1st thing.. check to make sure the main jet didn't vibrate loose. Happens more often than you'd think. ;)

honda250xrider
01-27-2008, 08:48 AM
indeed check the main jet, i have even had the screws come off of the plate that holds the needle in. I would also look at the airbox and make sure the boot is still held tight on. I had alot of problems during races with this on the stock clamps.

riderssb250x
01-27-2008, 02:23 PM
yea well i took it apart today and dfound out that the 2 screws from the arm that brings the carb slide up and down came out so i put it back togehrt and it ran fine so i went out ridin and about 20 min into the ride the same thing hapened again anyone think they know whats wrong maybe the slide is striped and the screws vibrate loose?