PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Linkages comparison

250Renvy
01-26-2008, 11:23 AM
I don't know if the stock linkage is really that bad or if the aftermarkets just came up with another product to sell us, but I'd like people to let me know their experiences with any of the aftermarket linkages.

These are the ones I know of, if you have something else, please let me know.

BTW I'll be using this for XC but would be interested to know how any of them cross perform.

ARS-FX
Elka
Houser
Desiri
GT thunder
LSR out law

Thanks

rollie
01-26-2008, 11:45 AM
i just put the JB superlink on my quad, i havent ridden it yet but its more towards MX, i had the elka dual link for like 4 weeks until i sold it and got the JB and the elka dual link hangs WAYYY to low for XC, i talked to alot of people that said it hangs to low for MX too.

TRX450RACER174
01-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Now out of the six you listed 2 are std travel and the other 4 are l/t links, I have no experience with l/t links i do have a GTT mx link that i am happy with, most links are going to lower your bike a little and change the leverage ratio of your shock this is why it is reccomended to get your shock revalved to work with the link or just buy a new setup with the shock made for the link, most l/t rears are useing a 17in shock you might also check out www.teixeiratech.com they have a nice link also.

250Renvy
01-26-2008, 11:53 AM
I suppose I should add this is for a custom swingarm, so if it works on a stock swingarm I can use that or if it needs to be made to use the link I can do that.

Do the long travel linkages all hang lower?

TRX450RACER174
01-26-2008, 11:58 AM
I have only seen the Elka l/t link for mx and yeah it hangs low, i believe the other links are different but maybe someone else will chime in and give there opinon on there link.

desratt
01-26-2008, 02:35 PM
elka has 2 versions. the single link you can use with a skid plate the double liink you can not..

I also have heard baldwin makes one but I have never seen it on their web site..

I have used the elka single link for quite awhile. but I am getting ready to change to the lonestar one. lonestar makes both an xc one and an mx one.

also I believe gt makes more then one type.

TRX450RACER174
01-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by desratt

Yes they do but they are the general oem style with different curve ratios for mx or xc/desert.

desratt
01-26-2008, 03:03 PM
as most of them are.
the lonestar you can get different for their swingarm or for oem style.

Ty's400
01-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Don't forget the new Teixeira Tech linkage. It can be used for any application (mx, xc, desert), the shock builder just has to make the shock settings correct for that application. It a wishbone style linkage like the ARS FX, Walsh Savior, LSR Outlaw, but the nice thing is you don't have to have their special swingarm to go with it. It bolts to the 06+ stock swingarm! The quality is amazing and has great ground clearance.

kbass24emtp
01-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by desratt
elka has 2 versions. the single link you can use with a skid plate the double liink you can not..

I also have heard baldwin makes one but I have never seen it on their web site..

I have used the elka single link for quite awhile. but I am getting ready to change to the lonestar one. lonestar makes both an xc one and an mx one.

The Baldwin link looks similar to the stock link. I have seen it in some ads in the ATV mags.

GIXXER1KR
01-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Im running the Gt Thunder MX link with an aftermarket rear shock and couldnt be happier.

Dave400ex
01-27-2008, 09:05 AM
I would go with the ARS-FX or Teixeira Tech.

D-7#61-450r
01-27-2008, 10:24 AM
I spoke with Elka back in July and they Said that the single link is no longer made. I have a single link on my 04 swinger and was hoping to by the link for my 07 and use the same rear shock.

250Renvy
01-27-2008, 11:05 AM
That Teixeira Tech linkage is pretty pricey, is it really worth it?

Does anybody know if these can be used with skid plates?

Sjorge450R
01-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy

whats a skid plate??!?! lol

Run the Lonestar setup. I did for a full year and i loved it. I wil never run a full skid again.

Nick110
01-27-2008, 06:09 PM
I run the LSR DC-6 link for MX and love it. Doesn't seem like it hangs too low for GNCC.

d3ktrix
01-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
I wil never run a full skid again.

Why not?

You run any kinda of swinger/sprocket protection now?

Ty's400
01-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy

When you consider that you don't have to get a swingarm to go with the linkage like you do with ARS-FX, LSR Outlaw, Walsh, etc the price isn't that much. The Baldwin linkage costs the same and would be comparible for a "bolt on style linkage" (bolt to stock swingarms). This isn't you typical bolt on link like Elka, GT Thunder.

Certain skid plates will clear, some may take a bit of modification. A specific skid plate that mounts to the actual linkage is in the works.