PDA

View Full Version : 300ex 04 front end turns to far & get locked up.

sunco
01-26-2008, 09:42 AM
have you guys just welded a piece on each side? That way it doesn't get hung up?

JIMFROMTEXCO
01-26-2008, 09:52 AM
i dont no exactly what your saying, but there should be tabs on the frame to stop the stem allready. or your stearing stem bearing is worn out, or you lust the nut that holds it tight.

definently a safty issue. hope this helps you out.

sunco
01-26-2008, 10:07 AM
its has that 1/2 round metal piece that is the stop for the wheels left & right. The problem is when the front end is up in the air it can go to far & get hung up. Everything looks stock & no mods done to it. I figured Its not just mine - someone else has had this issue.

DJR300ex
01-26-2008, 02:33 PM
My old one did it when I was turning hard and the suspension was compressed. The threaded part of the tie rod end would get hung up on top of the lower a-arm. I don't know if this is what you're problem is, but I'm pretty sure other people have had this problem so it's very possible. After I put on some 250r a-arms, it never did it again.

TRX-330
01-26-2008, 02:40 PM
when im at full lock mine hit the a-arms but never get hung up on them.

bwamos
01-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Full lock hits the arms.. but if oyu fully compress the suspension. Like turning at the bottom of a hill.. the ball joint can pop over the arm. Then when the suspension decompresses, it gets stuck.

Common issue with 300ex's.

Easy fix though,
Just pull the steering stem and have someone weld a puddle onto the sterring stem stop so it won't turn past that point. ;)

sunco
01-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanx - welding something on would stop the problem. I thought I'd check in w/ youall to see if that was the case.

OK here are to more problems

1) When my son rides wheelies the gas seams to just pour out the bottom of the over flow. How do I solve that?

2) Because we go to the motorcross park the rear fender supports do not stay ,the plastic is broke on the fender. What do you do to keep the fenders from flapping other than buy a new fender for $250 bucks?

the Z Man
01-27-2008, 02:11 PM
The over flow is doing what its suppose to do, try running the hose as low as you can get ti to keep it away from any heat.
I would definitly go with aftermarket plastic that would probly be the last ones you buy.

big bad beny
01-31-2008, 08:47 PM
My did it to. its because your stem is twisted

big bad beny
01-31-2008, 08:47 PM
My did it to. its because your stem is twisted

sunco
02-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Twisted as in broke & needs replaced ? or twisted & needs to be reset?

bwamos
02-01-2008, 09:43 AM
It's not twisted. There's only about half an inch between the stops and the tie rod ball joint connection. There's no way you could twist the stem that far in 1/2 an inch. Twisting the stem would cause your bars to be left or right. Your stops vs. the tie rod would not be affected.

Mine's done that since the day it was bought. Others have had brand new quads doing the same thing.

It's fine.. just put a puddle weld on the stem stop that's giving you greif. ;)

sunco
02-01-2008, 10:51 AM
ok, I started out on a 2001 300ex & I've been riding 450's since I bought the 04. Never noticed it on my 1st 300 but I'm a different rider now. I'll go w/ your thoughts & get someone to do a puddle.

My battery on the 07 is charged & so am I.
Now I just need to have it stop raining & order my RXgoggles.com

big bad beny
02-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Well mine did it cause my stem was twisted but i also have +2+1 arms on it to which made the tirod ends bump the a-arms so when my stem was twisted it wound jump the aram every once in a while and the bars wound be lock in one diriction