PDA

View Full Version : drr 50 power

machwon
01-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Does anyone have any info on how much power a drr 50 will put down with and without after market add ons? What have you found to be the best mods?

bulldogfallon
01-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Good luck getting someone to share their secrets :)

Getting as much of the power that it makes to the back wheels is the best thing you can aim for.

There are very few people that port a 50cc with good results...We happen to know one of them :) :)

Work on the cvt tuning along with jetting and lots of seat time for your rider will povide the best results w/o breaking the bank

Mods to a 50 have to be selected carefully since a lot of things that work on other size minis will actually make you go slower.

machwon
01-27-2008, 05:22 AM
I just thought I'd see what kinda ideas are out there. We've tried alot as well and almost everything doesn't work. Weve done clutching, porting and a headmod. Still looking for what a good number is. I just want to make sure it's competitive at the national race level. Who does good porting out there for 50's?

quadscrib
01-27-2008, 11:28 AM
well who??????????????
Hey Bob noticed yer in Michigan eh? Grand Ledge here

machwon
01-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Hello quadscrib, I'm in laingsburg. Do you guys race your DRR's?

My kids run them in sand drags, our cousins run the mx circuit with them.

quadscrib
01-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Is you cousin Woodberry? Is it David? If so I know him. My son has raced his a few times but my kid has been on a predator 50 so pretty much they have been on the line together and the same track..thats about it...LOL!
Yes Oliver and I both run district 14 Michigan ATV championship races and as much of the reg. Dist 14 schedule.... you should join!

machwon
01-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Yes, that would be them. I'm sure they will hit most of the same races, unless they do a national. I will probably go to a couple of those races this year to watch david race.

I going to start doing some motor builds for the mini's as our kids are really getting into this. I do Banshee, Blaster, 250 engine building all the time. David thinks the motor build I've done so far will be competitive at the nationals, I'm skeptical as I think the competition will be much better there. I still plan on tweaking the motor to get more. Look me up if you ever need some motor work. If not maybe I'll see you at the races.