PDA

View Full Version : rear axle

foxracer5464
01-25-2008, 09:05 PM
anyone got an extended rear axle they wanna sell

250x_kyle
01-25-2008, 09:51 PM
just buy a gforce from rocky mountain. worht the 200.

08400EX
01-26-2008, 07:17 AM
I was researching axles and came across this on RPM's website.

Interesting info, of course the results are posted on RPM's website since they tested the best.

ThreeDollaBills
01-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by 08400EX

Interesting info, of course the results are posted on RPM's website since they tested the best.

That's some good information. If you read it and understand it, you begin to understand how strong these axles really are. Thanks for the knowledge!

hornetgod13
01-26-2008, 10:55 AM

I wouldn't accept the tests as being 100% valid unless an 3rd party conducted them. It's just too perfect that their axle did the best in the test performed. :rolleyes:

08400EX
01-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
I wouldn't accept the tests as being 100% valid unless an 3rd party conducted them. It's just too perfect that their axle did the best in the test performed. :rolleyes:

I agree, BUT it is still interesting info. I tried doing a search about ATV axle tesing and cannot find if this was an indy test or not.

Hornet, I posted a question yesterday about which lug nuts to use on the Hipers.... was hoping to get your feedback. What did you end up using with yours?

BTW, mine will be here Wed !!!! Can't wait!!

08400EX
01-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Hornet,

I found that info on RPM's website when I was trying to figure out what the used axle from the 05 I had really is. If you recall in one of your threads you said your new Durablue looked like mine.

Anyway it didn't seem to measure up to be a Durablue 2+2 and it bugged me. It had a hand scribed serial number in the center of the axle so I stated calling around.

I called Durablue and the guy said they didn't put serial numbers on theirs. After calling a few others I called RPM and they said the serial number was definitely one of theirs. It turns out it is one of their XC GNCC racing axles. It is setup as a -2 +1 axle.

After hearing that I am now considering keeping it because there are times when I would like to have mine narrower at some places I ride. Especially now with the Hipers which are the 3+6 version and slightly wider than stock. If I did my math right, the extra 1" width of the Hipers (with an 11 wide tire) plus the +1 on the axle will give me the max width I will ever want (+2) ... and I will also have the option to bring it back to stock width even with the wider tires and wheels. and some settings in between.

If I measured correctly, with this axle I can do -2, -1, stock and +1. It has a 1/2" and 1" scaper ring on each side. Plus having the extra strength over stock will be a plus too. I guess I am talking myself into an axle swap as I type this :-)

Hope you are having a great weekend,

Dave

hornetgod13
01-26-2008, 11:31 PM
I have the 6+3 off set Tech 3 HiPers too. My DuraBlue axle is in the +2 configuration. It measures 49 7/8 wide in the rear. I like the aftermarket axle and the ability to change the widthin less than 15 minutes.

hornetgod13
01-26-2008, 11:32 PM
I agree, BUT it is still interesting info. I tried doing a search about ATV axle tesing and cannot find if this was an indy test or not.

Hornet, I posted a question yesterday about which lug nuts to use on the Hipers.... was hoping to get your feedback. What did you end up using with yours?

BTW, mine will be here Wed !!!! Can't wait!!

I answered your question in the other thread. :macho