PDA

View Full Version : 300ex with +1 400 arms, shock quastion?

2k2-300exnj
11-14-2002, 10:57 PM
ok i am going to be putting bugard +1 400ex a-arms on my 300 after chrismas i have them in my garage but x-mas money is going to be the way i rebuild my front shox(source of question), buy my brake lines, and new offset front rims if needed.

my question is, i have front works dual rate shox w/ rezzies, how much would it cost around to get them lengthened, recharged, converted to zps, and being changed to adjustable rebound and compression?

or would it be cheaper or a better idea to buy elka dual rate fronts with adjustable comp and rebound w/o ssd (zps) or if it isnt much more money with ssd?

im lost at what to do i have heard if i send the front to get just lengthened and recharged that works will charge me 400, but then another buddy of mine on this site (buzzy) was only charged 200 for this to be done...:huh
i dont know what to do, i have heard i can send my fronts to be lengthened and recharged to tcs and have them converted to zps for less than 400 any info is helpful thanx ahead of time

Buzzsaw
11-15-2002, 08:53 AM
Just give works a call an see what they say, that more then I had done, so it may be a like more but when you get them back they are brand new shocks with all the warrenties. Call them it's just the cost of the call.

2k2-300exnj
11-17-2002, 08:47 PM
how much does the quadshop charge for dual rate font elkas with ssd and adjustable comp and rebound?

user101
11-17-2002, 10:05 PM
i dont thin k u can get duals w/ ssd. the ssd comes from a small spring....i think. which would mean u would need to get a triple tae shock. can anyone help him out here?

Buzzsaw
11-18-2002, 07:26 AM
I sure that you can get the elkas set up that way but like 101 say it's a triple rate ,but for the setup you want the shock will have to be long than the stock 13.5in. like 14.5in. should work. PM jeff and when you find out pm me I would like to know too.

forum
11-18-2002, 11:55 AM
you can't get your shocks legthened. and if you do get 400ex legth shocks (16 3/8) then you will have to modify your upper shock mounts. You are better of buying new shocks. Or useing your curent shocks and don't mod you upper mounts. But if your going to get your shocks rebuilt do not get works to do it. they don't offer ZPS. Go with TCS or Maybe PEP. But you may have more luck with TCS.

2k2-300exnj
11-18-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by forum
you can't get your shocks legthened.
yes you can ask buzzy he got his works lengthened and recharged, but if i do my front end i dont want to have to buy new shocks when i get tired of those so i was thinking elka...
tcs has dual rate shocks with zps for the front