PDA

View Full Version : Who has their rebate check spent already?

casey_lamm
01-24-2008, 06:49 PM
With a econ stim package coming...

looks like 1200 for a family plus 300 for each child...

Who has some 4 wheeler plans for that $

hornetgod13
01-24-2008, 07:07 PM
I've got $4,303 coming back electronically but, the Wife has forbidden any furture spending on my "Money Pit".

casey_lamm
01-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Hehe, my wife seems to have a fixation on a house...no more mods. GRRR! Sure I get a 4200 bike and put another few K in it...and she thinks she should get a 250K house...thats not fair!

Originally posted by hornetgod13
I've got $4,303 coming back electronically but, the Wife has forbidden any furture spending on my "Money Pit".

m_townsgreatest
01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
i dont get a rebate lol. I get paid all under the table. But once my mom gets her rabate, I get a car since I am taking my driving test tomorrow!

casey_lamm
01-25-2008, 06:29 AM
good luck!

Originally posted by m_townsgreatest
i dont get a rebate lol. I get paid all under the table. But once my mom gets her rabate, I get a car since I am taking my driving test tomorrow!

TWILES
01-25-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm paying off some debt. $10,000 and I'm FREE! I pretty much put my entire life, aside from working, on hold when I got with her. The first/last 3 years of our marraige(SP?) have been brutal financially. This year I'll get everything straight again and I told her I'm picking up where I left off before we got married.
NEW 4-WHEELER......!

user101
01-25-2008, 02:39 PM
How do we know how much we're getting back?
I saw on the news where it said $600-$1200 for incomes under $150,000

01-25-2008, 03:56 PM
i do, either car parts or quad parts.

My mom said it was for anyone who maid over $3,000 last year gets a $300 check. But I heard a million different things

hornetgod13
01-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by user101
How do we know how much we're getting back?
I saw on the news where it said $600-$1200 for incomes under $150,000

Are you serious? Get your W-2 and do your taxes. That's how you find out what you're getting back or owe.

ricksmx865
01-25-2008, 05:57 PM
haha dependin on how much i get back... hopefully around 3k

i'm gonna do suspension, flexx bars, and a stabilizer
:macho

NJ450rider
01-25-2008, 06:19 PM
I think some people are getting tax returns confused with that stupid stimulus package. Truth is its not gonna do crap but oh well its money. It goes like this:

As long as you made less than 75,000 last year total.

1200 for a married couple plus 300 every child(limit 4 children)

600 for every single person

as for what im gonna do with my 600 im not sure. Not that it matters the government said we wont see the checks till june.

Chino
01-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Most of you are doing what they want you do with your rebate check, spending it on accessories instead of saving it or paying off current debt. They are giving you this check to try and "boost" the economy, if everyone goes out and spends there check like they are wanting on quad parts, games, buying shoes, or doing anything with it that is not necessary. See the money as something you did not have, pay off debt with your money or invest it and save it. You boost the economy expect higher gas prices and higher prices on everything, it's all because of the housing market right now.

Chino
01-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
I think some people are getting tax returns confused with that stupid stimulus package. Truth is its not gonna do crap but oh well its money. It goes like this:

As long as you made less than 75,000 last year total.

1200 for a married couple plus 300 every child(limit 4 children)

600 for every single person

as for what im gonna do with my 600 im not sure. Not that it matters the government said we wont see the checks till june.

I agree, most are talking about tax returns and not the tax rebate related to the dump in real estate.

mittman
01-25-2008, 09:41 PM
we all are going to spend most of it in gas. seeing that i spend most of my paycheck on diesel. my mom thinks she is going to remodel the kitchen but she forgot about backing into my truck which she is going to pay for first

user101
01-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
Are you serious? Get your W-2 and do your taxes. That's how you find out what you're getting back or owe.

No (kidding) Sherlock..... My question was about the amount of rebate(not tax return) I would get back according to how much I made last year.

casey_lamm
01-26-2008, 11:54 AM
This should help :)

Who gets what

How Americans in different financial situations would fare under the rebate plan proposed by House leaders and the White House.

— An individual with $2,500 in earned income in 2007: Disqualified because income fell below the $3,000 threshold. No rebate.

— A married couple with no children, with adjusted gross income of $100,000 in 2007: Would qualify for the full $1,200 couples. A $1,200 rebate.

— A worker with one child, who earned $9,000 and owed no taxes in 2007: Would qualify for the $300 rebate available to individuals who pay no taxes but earned at least $3,000, plus an additional $300 for the child. A $600 rebate.

— A couple with income of $145,000 in 2007, with three children: Would qualify for the full $1,200 for couples, plus $300 for each child. A $2,100 rebate.

— A couple with income of $160,000 in 2007 with two children: Would qualify for a partial rebate, reduced by 5 percent for every $1,000 in income above the $150,000 threshold. An $1,800 rebate — $1,200 for the couple plus $300 per child — would go down by 50 percent for this family. A $900 rebate.

— A couple with income of $200,000 and four children: Disqualified because their income exceeded $174,000, the phase-out limit. No rebate.

Originally posted by user101
No (kidding) Sherlock..... My question was about the amount of rebate(not tax return) I would get back according to how much I made last year.

TWILES
01-26-2008, 02:05 PM
I'll get $1200 and I don't see how housing has anything to do with gas. The housing problem speered from greedy banks trying to screw the people and the banks ended up screwing themselves. I'm not saying that it didn't take a complete moron to go along with the loan but the biggest moron was the one to really believed the loan could be payed back. Now the banker and former home-owner and setting looking at each other broke wondering whats next. You can't squeeze blood from a Turnip. The oil companies will figure that out when people finally get broke/smart enough to stop jumping in their cars everytime they feel like it. I had a guy working for me a while back that said,"when I cash my check I fill my truck up and theres nothing left and then my tank is empty by Sunday afternoon." DON'T DRIVE AROUND SO MUCH.

Chino
01-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by TWILES
I'll get $1200 and I don't see how housing has anything to do with gas. The housing problem speered from greedy banks trying to screw the people and the banks ended up screwing themselves. I'm not saying that it didn't take a complete moron to go along with the loan but the biggest moron was the one to really believed the loan could be payed back. Now the banker and former home-owner and setting looking at each other broke wondering whats next. You can't squeeze blood from a Turnip. The oil companies will figure that out when people finally get broke/smart enough to stop jumping in their cars everytime they feel like it. I had a guy working for me a while back that said,"when I cash my check I fill my truck up and theres nothing left and then my tank is empty by Sunday afternoon." DON'T DRIVE AROUND SO MUCH.

I agree, who in there right mind would sign a 50yr mortgage lease? No one will ever stop "driving" around you have the younger kids who just got there license just out driving around for no reason. You will never get everyone to not drive for one day either, it's impossible. Only little changes can be made at a time to benefit us carpooling etc... Im curious and yet scared to see what the next 5 to 10 years brings.

Which 450?
01-26-2008, 09:58 PM
I bet we will have some sort of major depression soon. People can hardly afford to live as it is, and it will only get worse.

mittman
01-26-2008, 10:10 PM
i would bet we will have a depression but i'm fine without driving, tv, internet as long as i have my guns a our camp thats all i need

bwamos
01-28-2008, 06:45 AM
I'd bet we don't have a major depression.

It's election year. There's always a pending "economic crisis" every 4 years. :P

casey_lamm
01-28-2008, 06:55 AM
i tend to agree. most of the numbers aren't that bad. just housing and mortgage.... the mortgage is that industries own fault they were greedy and deserve no bail outs in my opinion.
Originally posted by bwamos
I'd bet we don't have a major depression.

It's election year. There's always a pending "economic crisis" every 4 years. :P

MOFO
01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by mittman
i would bet we will have a depression but i'm fine without driving, tv, internet as long as i have my guns a our camp thats all i need

Really?

I suggest you do some reading before you jump on the bandwagon of the main stream media or the doom and gloom forums.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120147855494820719.html?mod=opinion_main_comment aries

:o

54warrior
01-29-2008, 06:58 AM
So they give each of us "X" amount of dollars.

How many are going to save it?
----Probably very few, doesn't stimulate the US economy.

How many are going to use the money to pay their bills?
----Probably quite a few, doesn't stimulate the US economy.

How many will blow the money buying stuff at Wal-Mart or another retailer?
----Probably the majority, doesn't stimulate the US economy, because probably 90% of the products are made in China or some other foreign country.

How many will use it to buy fuel for their vehicle?
----Probably quite a few, doesn't stimulate the US economy, just pads the pockets of the Arab countries.

How many are going to buy illegal drugs?

So how do they expect that these handouts are going to stimulate OUR economy???? Simply put, it's not. I see dark days ahead. The value of the dollar is already on the decline, this will just help to continue that trend. Why not take these billions of dollars and pay off some of our debt??? The average US citizen now has a $10k credit card bill, yet we just keep spending more and more of money we don't have. The entire country, is the same exact way, just on a grander scale. It's ridiculous, we're such a bunch of SELFISH, IGNORANT FOOLS!!

casey_lamm
01-29-2008, 07:01 AM
well if you are convinced it wont work, you might as well donate yours to me.

Originally posted by 54warrior
So they give each of us "X" amount of dollars.

How many are going to save it?
----Probably very few, doesn't stimulate the US economy.

How many are going to use the money to pay their bills?

How many will blow the money buying stuff at Wal-Mart or another retailer?
----Probably the majority, doesn't stimulate the US economy, because probably 90% of the products are made in China or some other foreign country.

How many will use it to buy fuel for their vehicle?
----Probably quite a few, doesn't stimulate the US economy, just pads the pockets of the Arab countries.

How many are going to buy illegal drugs?

So how do they expect that these handouts are going to stimulate OUR economy???? Simply put, it's not. I see dark days ahead. The value of the dollar is already on the decline, this will just help to continue that trend. Why not take these billions of dollars and pay off some of our debt??? The average US citizen now has a $10k credit card bill, yet we just keep spending more and more of money we don't have. The entire country, is the same exact way, just on a grander scale. It's ridiculous, we're such a bunch of SELFISH, IGNORANT FOOLS!!

54warrior
01-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by casey_lamm
well if you are convinced it wont work, you might as well donate yours to me.

I am convinced that it won't work as intended...

Most people I've talked to are paying bills, not a boost to the economy, or buying food and gas, which they would have anyway, not "blowing it" on luxuries or crap they don't really need which is what Bush wants everyone to do with it. And those very few that save it, pull it out of the economy. Gov't regulation of gas prices to $2 a gallon would truly boost the economy. Not only give people more money on a regular basis, but allow people to feel freer to spend on other items and not worry how they are going to fill thier tank to get to work, and how much it will cost next week. They regulate electricity, why not oil. Its not a luxury item any more, decades ago, yes, but now its as essential as electricty and water. I live in a mid sized mid western city with virtually no mass transit, busses run Mon-Fri and stop at 6pm, and thats on limited routes. The town is very spread out and very hilly so that even hampers use of bikes as transportation. To really kick start the economy, people need to buy big ticket items, your not going to do that on what the Govt is refunding.

<DRS>GPF
01-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior
I am convinced that it won't work as intended...

Most people I've talked to are paying bills, not a boost to the economy, or buying food and gas, which they would have anyway, not "blowing it" on luxuries or crap they don't really need which is what Bush wants everyone to do with it. And those very few that save it, pull it out of the economy. Gov't regulation of gas prices to $2 a gallon would truly boost the economy. Not only give people more money on a regular basis, but allow people to feel freer to spend on other items and not worry how they are going to fill thier tank to get to work, and how much it will cost next week. They regulate electricity, why not oil. Its not a luxury item any more, decades ago, yes, but now its as essential as electricty and water. I live in a mid sized mid western city with virtually no mass transit, busses run Mon-Fri and stop at 6pm, and thats on limited routes. The town is very spread out and very hilly so that even hampers use of bikes as transportation. To really kick start the economy, people need to buy big ticket items, your not going to do that on what the Govt is refunding.

i agree.. well said..

eventually the losses in the stockmarket will "trickle" down to the less than 75K per year, by way of unemployment numbers..
if you dont think itll ever affect you, youre wrong..

even if the DOW doesnt make it down to 10K, the dollar isnt worth a dollar any more.. (and becomes less valuable every time they lower interest rates..)

its like the film industry saying they made "20mil on the first day!!" , but fail to mention its the same number of seats sold at a higher cost..

the numbers truly arent as impactful as they used to be and there's no quick fix.

01-29-2008, 02:34 PM
i heard the checks arent coming until around may! I think most will be paying off debt rather than spending it

Chino
01-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
i agree.. well said..

eventually the losses in the stockmarket will "trickle" down to the less than 75K per year, by way of unemployment numbers..
if you dont think itll ever affect you, youre wrong..

even if the DOW doesnt make it down to 10K, the dollar isnt worth a dollar any more.. (and becomes less valuable every time they lower interest rates..)

its like the film industry saying they made "20mil on the first day!!" , but fail to mention its the same number of seats sold at a higher cost..

the numbers truly arent as impactful as they used to be and there's no quick fix.

Was a sad day when the canadian dollar was worth more than the u.s. :(

mephyst
01-30-2008, 02:10 AM
I got my W2 last week... I am definitely going to spend some of it on suspension for my new CRF450r I just bought! :) I will probably just do it anyways, before I actually get my check back... and by the time I get my check buy something else with it. Haha... That's usually what always happens.