PDA

View Full Version : pirelli race rails

wayfastwhitey69
01-24-2008, 05:17 PM
has anyone tried em yet? i want to get a set for the 08 season. do they hook up good?

fultz416ex
01-25-2008, 09:42 AM
i have a set on my 400ex. i am pretty happy with them. i have a lot of trail time on them in all different types of dirt, rocks, and sand with no problems. they also made it thru the ironman with no issues. the only thing i don't like about them is they seem to be a little smaller than most 20" tires, as far a ground clearance.

nicker71
01-26-2008, 11:05 AM
I have a set and they are ok, the rubber they use is extremly hard and doesnt hook up well. Which makes these the slowest wearing tire I have ever seen, even slower than kenda. Plus The rear wont hold air on my bead locks for nothing, I tried and tried again and cant get them to hold. My friend has the same problem with his perilli tires on his hipers too. Mine so far are holding well and still look new but there is just to much slidding out from the back.
Thats my 2 cents, maybe a different story with a different machine and I dont know.
on the plus side I bought the whole set for $200 at the dealer ship.

fultz416ex
01-28-2008, 08:57 AM
i think that is the case with a bigger engine. with a smaller cc engine they work pretty good.