PDA

View Full Version : got a question about my new PEP's

trx400EXtreme
01-24-2008, 04:19 PM
just got my PEP race series shocks mouted today, they seem to be REALLY soft. like softer than thet should be. also, when you liftt the front up off the ground, you here a "clunk" when the shocks reach there limit. is this bad? is there just no oil running through them yet???

NacsMXer
01-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Both sound like normal occurances. The valving in PEP shocks is velocity-sensitive. The easiest way to demonstrate this is if you push the front end down slowly, they will feel soft. But if you pick up the front end and slam it down simulating landing from a jump, the shocks will stiffen up. This is why a lot of people say the faster you go, the better they work.

I used to think wonder the same thing about PEP's and all my friends who had them....they seemed so soft. After you ride on them you will begin to appreciate how they work.

Also, the "clunk" when the shocks top out is gonna happen no matter what. I've only noticed it if you pull the front end up really fast, either way it won't harm anything while riding.

trx400EXtreme
01-24-2008, 06:16 PM
awesome, thanks for the help. i do notice that when pick the front end up and drop it, it doesn't compress a whole bunch. once again thanks.