PDA

View Full Version : Why oh Why?

11-04-2001, 04:35 AM
Why does it seem that so many have gone out and bored and stroked thier quads? Does everyone have that much money sitting around? Does everyone hate the way thier motor ran and if so why not buy another quad?

One of the reasons I liked about the 400ex was it's a honda, which means it will last for quite a while, more than just a year or two.

I was just curious

trueblue450
11-04-2001, 09:08 AM
300$ isn't that much for a big bore kit. When you race you need to have a bigger motor(in some cases) to be faster, and why switch to Yamaha to get a Raptor when you can stay with the red and make your 400 run almost as good as one and even better with the handeling. Thats prolly the reason.

MR. HONDA EX'S
11-04-2001, 09:50 AM
After 2 or 3 yrs of hard riding the bikes going to need the jug looked at. May need to do a bore job, and a hi comp piston only cost 100 bucks. And to bore the jug it's like 30-60 bucks. for $300 you could have a cheap hi-po machine. I think thats why poeple do this so much. I'm planning on doing this sooner or later.:devil

crday98
11-04-2001, 05:50 PM
it does not cost that much and why not go faster or have more power?why buy a stock quad and put a pipe on it?do people who have sports cars modify theirs or do they go out and buy a new one?:Ddoes it really make sense to buy another quad just for more power when you could modify your current one for less the cost of a new fast one?for most, it is a hobby building theirs,then they could look back and have something to be proud of.;)

11-04-2001, 07:44 PM
i don't have any extra cash lying around but if i did then it would be in my quad...why because i love modding my own machine and seeing what i can get out of it...why? i dunno actually because it is fun...and 3rdly i bored mine because i exploded my motor while running 2nd in a big moto..lets just say i wasn't happy....so baisically i mod my quad for my own satisfaction..

"to each his own"