PDA

View Full Version : Production? Modified?

JBOYZ
01-24-2008, 10:26 AM
RE: 90cc (2-stroke) ~ 125cc (4-stroke) classes

What is the difference between "PRODUCTION" & "MODIFIED"?
The AMA rule book goes from "STOCK" to "MODIFIED" - or I am just missing something - can anyone shed some light on this??
:eek: :confused: :eek:

JBOYZ
01-25-2008, 02:23 PM
ANYONE? ? ?

:confused:

tireman43
01-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Stock is pretty self explainitory. Production is: a stock quad with bolt on parts added to it and also you can modify the engine but can't go over the cc limits set by AMA/ATVA or your sanctioned event. Modified is: a quad they has been changed or altered(welding parts) like a TRX 90 with a CR85 engine or a JB Mod with any engine or the Blaster frame and dirt bike motors. Hope this helps.

JBOYZ
01-25-2008, 04:10 PM
So.... for production - can you put a CR85 Dirt Bike motor in a TRX90 and run production - or is it now a modified quad only??

ww228king
01-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by tireman43
Stock is pretty self explainitory. Production is: a stock quad with bolt on parts added to it and also you can modify the engine but can't go over the cc limits set by AMA/ATVA or your sanctioned event. Modified is: a quad they has been changed or altered(welding parts) like a TRX 90 with a CR85 engine or a JB Mod with any engine or the Blaster frame and dirt bike motors. Hope this helps. Production is: a stock quad with bolt on parts added to it and also you can modify the engine but can't go over the cc limits set by AMA/ATVA or your sanctioned event. Modified is: a quad they has been changed or altered(welding parts) like a TRX 90 with a CR85 engine or a JB Mod with any engine or the Blaster frame and dirt bike motors.

JBOYZ
01-26-2008, 07:50 AM
So.... please correct me if I am wrong.... If you put a "different" motor in the mini quad (XR85 - YZ80) you can NOT run it in production????

ww228king
01-26-2008, 07:56 AM
thats correct with most rules....it was not produced (production)from the factory with type of motor.....
check the rules in your area....they may have a crack to fall into to cator to the high rollers...lol

JBOYZ
01-26-2008, 08:23 AM
I have tried to find something in "black & white" that states just that - but have had no luck. On our local tracks they are running different motors in the 90cc Production class & some of them are even "over" the 90cc - but the official @ the track just tells us "It's legal" - I would like to have something in "black & white" to take to the track.....
:rolleyes:

tireman43
01-28-2008, 02:44 PM
http://www.amadirectlink.com/rulebooks/AmateurRules2007.pdf

Check chapter 5(Youth Rules). These are the general rules set by the ATVA. If your event is a sanctioned event it should follow these rules. Each racing orginization can alter/modify these. However they should be stated somewhere for you to read if that is the case.

JBOYZ
01-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Found it in the 2008 rules.... thanks!