PDA

View Full Version : 416 vs 440

400exBRAAP
01-24-2008, 09:13 AM
i just got done gettin my 416 put back together and running. i added an 11:1 compression piston, and a stage 1 hot cam, and it also has a white brothers R4 exhaust system on.

my friend has a 440EX that was used to race by the previous owner. my friend, nor i know what is done to the motor other than it having a 440 kit, and i was wondering how i will fare against him in a flat out drag race. he is not the best driver in the world, coming off of a 250ex, so he aint the best with a clutch. i am even willing to say i can outride him in any situation, but im just wonderin how the race will turn out?

OH and i have the carb jetted with a #40 pilot jet and a #158 main jet, is this jettin about on? it feels good so far, but i reall havent gotten really into the throttle yet. let me know what you gusy think on both subjects

XXXRACER165
01-24-2008, 11:28 AM
:rolleyes: Here we go again. It's gonna be the best rider all the way. I've seen 406's beat 440's & vice-versa. All in the rider. Of coarse my 440 is built well enough, it can beat a 465 stroker so that also might be a factor. But I think your 416 is a strong running machine and your jetting sounds about right so I say you'll beat him, just my honest opinion.

400exBRAAP
01-24-2008, 12:58 PM
good deal. thats great news to me.

and once i started typing this thread, i was more concerned about the jetting, so i put it into this thread instead of making a new one