PDA

View Full Version : edelbrock carb!

nabeh
01-24-2008, 02:35 AM
i got a 04 yfz 450, kn air filter, edelbrock carb, and in the process of putting a sparks full exhaust on, i havent done any research on this carb, i was wondering about this whole jetting thing? would regular jets from sparks work? i dont know much about carbs... im the fuel injection kinda guy.. any help would be appreciated

Ride1Rob
01-24-2008, 06:22 AM
This is something that you need to call Sparks and ask him. He should be able to tell you what jets would be good better than anyone. I may be wrong, but my thinking is that he'll probably give you some advice to get rid of that carb.

nabeh
01-24-2008, 06:49 AM
thanks for the info.. what would make think he would tell me to get rid of it?

Ride1Rob
01-24-2008, 07:25 AM
1) The stock FCR carb for the YFZ is already a PERFORMANCE carb.
2) There have been some issues with the Edlebrocks on YFZ's.
3) It's said that the stock FCR can be modified and HP gains have said to be up to 5hp. Myself, I think that may be high but it could be true.
4) Sparks himself modifies the stock FCR carb to get maximum performance with his motors.

nabeh
01-24-2008, 09:05 AM
hey thanks for your help, my stock carb had a crack in it and i didnt wanna pay more then 400 bucks for another one, so edelbrock was pretty much it for me. im not really doing much for racing, im mostly a cc rider.. i like the trails!

Colby@C&DRacing
01-24-2008, 09:33 AM
The carb you have is a pretty good unit. It doesn't use jets it uses a needle to control all three carb curcuits. You should be able to adjust it to work with a performance exhaust. If it requires more fuel than you can deliver with the stock needle there are optional needle available