PDA

View Full Version : chipped bottom oiler ring

jimmy450
01-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Hello Everyone....

I just put my motor back together......just put intake and exhaust cam in and a JE phigh compression piston in and got it started it was running..... i thought i could hear something so i tore it all back down to see nothing..??????? started to put it back together and i noticed that the BOTTOM OILER RING WAS BROKEN!!!! about 3/4" ...... any idea where it might have gone i checked it with a magnet ....clutch side or flywheel???? No marks in the cylinder....oil filter clean? maybe oil line ...or oil tank screen?... Thanks for any help that you can give would be great!!!!!

James Henry

jimmy450
01-26-2008, 01:17 AM
I found it....i splt the cases... it was in the tranny... laying right behind the back drain plug... yea!!!

05Z400rdr
01-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Sweet James!!! I wanted to ask you today at Action about it, but I didn't get a chance to talk to you. The HennDawg is back in action!

Landon

jimmy450
01-27-2008, 12:43 PM
yea....i'm start'n to put it back together....hope to be going to seaford on sunday,....to see how it runs with all the new goodies.... :o) hope i'm faster!!

05Z400rdr
01-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Sweet! Yeah I'm supposed to be going wherever everyone else is going (I'm assuming thats DE..??) as long as my front end is done by then! I just wanna ride!!!!! lol