PDA

View Full Version : GYTR kicker

jim_beam_racer
01-23-2008, 07:32 PM
im thinkin about gettin a kicker for my yfz and for you guys out there whos got one how do you like it is it hard to kick what would you prefer electric or kick

Colby@C&DRacing
01-24-2008, 09:36 AM
I have installed the kicker conversion on the yfz. It kicks over like a regular kicker quad as long as you have the valves set right. You also don't want to use any nerfs with heels guards they get in the way of the kicker since it kick backwards

BiDo
01-24-2008, 11:29 AM
In my oppinion a kick starter is great but you might want to buy a hot start/compression release thing. I would prefer a kick starter but sometimes when im riding hard and i stall on some trails its tiring to start the bike up again which is why i say to get a hot start to ease the kicker. For motocross i would say to get one cause it can let u get rid of the starter light and any other stuff you wont need for racing.

BiDo
01-24-2008, 11:29 AM
In my oppinion a kick starter is great but you might want to buy a hot start/compression release thing. I would prefer a kick starter but sometimes when im riding hard and i stall on some trails its tiring to start the bike up again which is why i say to get a hot start to ease the kicker. For motocross i would say to get one cause it can let u get rid of the starter light and any other stuff you wont need for racing.

BiDo
01-24-2008, 11:34 AM

BiDo
01-24-2008, 11:34 AM

jim_beam_racer
01-24-2008, 07:59 PM
thanx coly i just got mine back tonight and i love it but ya i had to take my heel guard off but mine is hard to kick but if you set on it lightly get it to the first notch and give it a hard kick your good