PDA

View Full Version : magura clutch

03warriorrider
01-23-2008, 06:18 PM
i just bought one from motosport and in the manual it says it comes with a mounting bracket, free-play spacers and pre-bled well there's no bracket or spacers and when i pull the lever the slave cylinder doesn't do anything. there is fluid in the reservoir so I'm guessing its should be all set. did i get screwed? those who have bought one what did it come with?

here's what i got and what came with it

03warriorrider
01-23-2008, 06:20 PM
have no clue what these are for

Sjorge450R
01-23-2008, 07:19 PM
just sell it and get a RTC lever. thats what everyone told me when i asked about the magura cluch. But anyway, i realy cant help you..... sorry

YZ400EX
01-23-2008, 09:36 PM
I dont know what the little cylinder shaped thing is with the o-rings is, but the piece with the nut on it I believe is the adjustment. You just use your existing mounting bracket, put the part with the nut on it on the mounting bracket and slide the slave cylinder into that piece with the nut and connect it to you clutch arm. then use the nut the tighten till you have tension and this should work. the reason it doesnt do anything when you pull the lever now is because it needs to have tension to work.. when you pull the lever it pulls the pin on the end inward, with nothing to pull it back it wont go back on its own..Pull it all the way out and then pull the lever.. you will see the end piece move inward.

03warriorrider
01-24-2008, 04:52 PM
yz400ex thanks for the help. i did get it on the bike and it does work but is it supposed to be short like in the pics. in the manual it says there's supposed to be free play (should be able to pull on the cylinder 2-4mm and have it pull out from the bracket). the movement comes from the internal spring inside the slave cylinder. if i pull the arm on the motor for the clutch to meet the rod wont that be dis-engaging the clutch partly? if i do move the arm to the rod the thing is so damn tight there's no free play. this thing is becoming a pain in the a**. i should have just bought some asv levers!

03warriorrider
01-24-2008, 04:53 PM
pic 2

Flyin-Low
01-24-2008, 07:06 PM
When they are talking about free play they mean with the lever itself. You should be able to pull the lever in 2-4mm and not have the cylinder or clutch arm pull in.