PDA

View Full Version : broke bolt on valve cover!!

riderssb250x
01-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey guys i got a question i was puting gaskets and i snaped one of the valve cover boltd toward like the middle its a longer onr do you think it will be ok without it? because they way where it is its gonna be real hard to get at thaanks please help me out!!!!!!

f4istunna
01-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Theres not much pressure up at the valve cover but it could seep some oil out. Might want to get a helicoil kit and fix it if you can afford it. The helicoils are good to have around anyway.

Ive had a cpl 400's that had missing/broken off valve cover bolts and never leaked. Id say you'll be ok to ride it as is as long as its just one of them but id try to get around to it when you can.

qr4life
01-25-2008, 09:47 PM
If its your bolt head that broke off Ive seen these things at Sears that you drill into the bolt and then you put another attachment that clings onto the bolt and pulls it out using a drill. Don't know if this is what your talking about.

guinness77
01-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by qr4life
If its your bolt head that broke off Ive seen these things at Sears that you drill into the bolt and then you put another attachment that clings onto the bolt and pulls it out using a drill. Don't know if this is what your talking about.

Timesert.