PDA

View Full Version : 02 400ex spark plug…

Myrkk
01-23-2008, 09:00 AM
02 400ex spark plug…

Hey guys I am a little stumped. I am new to this kinda stuff so please bare with me. Where is the spark plug? I couldn’t make sense of it last night with my Honda book. Maybe it was because of the lack of sleep I have been getting or I just might be retarded.

chris46250r
01-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Look at the front of your motor where the two pipes are attached. Straight up from that on top of the motor you will see a wire going into a yellow piece. Grab the yellow piece and twist back and forth to break it loose then pull the yellow piece out. This is the spark plug boot. Down in the hole is the spark plug.

Honda#4
01-23-2008, 12:02 PM
It's such a pain to remove the plug

Myrkk
01-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks guys, I thought it was there, it makes sense. But the honda book says its below where the plug wire is.

maxfior
01-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
It's such a pain to remove the plug

Honda makes a plug removal tool, it's nothing more then a thin wall socket with a 17mm (or maybe it was 19mm) box end at the top that you use a wrench for, I used it for my XR250R and it works with this engine too, excellent socket for removal... Other people just get el generico junk socket from Home Depot or where ever and see if it fits or they grind it down to fit, either way, once you get the hang of removing the plug and not forcing anything, it's easy to check. Also, don't go hog wild when you tighten the plug!

Max