PDA

View Full Version : Running yamaha vin numbers??

DVXracer
01-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Wasnt there a spot on yamaha-motor.com or something where you could run your vin number? I just recived a new bike from a firend and the history seems a bit scetchy (not stolen, he was just misinformed about it) and i would like to run it if possible?

54warrior
01-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by DVXracer
Wasnt there a spot on yamaha-motor.com or something where you could run your vin number? I just recived a new bike from a firend and the history seems a bit scetchy (not stolen, he was just misinformed about it) and i would like to run it if possible?

I don't think so. Once Yamaha sells it, they don't keep any records of who owns it, who sells it, who buys it, etc. You're state would likely keep track of that info.

DVXracer
01-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior
I don't think so. Once Yamaha sells it, they don't keep any records of who owns it, who sells it, who buys it, etc. You're state would likely keep track of that info.

Oh, i thought i seen on here somewhere that i could do that, but thanks for your imput.

Mxjunkie
01-23-2008, 10:22 AM
I've been in the same shoes with my Banshee since I bought it about 2-3 years ago, I looked forever but could never find a way to search the vin which would atleast ease my mind a little so I could file for a lost title.. Just recently I had a friend of ours in the police field run a search on the vin and it came up clear and dandy which surprised me since after all it's a Banshee lol.. That was great but, I still couldn't get a title because the people who originally owned the Banshee live in some weird part of New Jersey! All the time it would take to get that all sorted out turns into more or less a waste of my time and now I'm stuck with an outdated quad I cannot trade in on the KTM525xc that I REALLY want and need to be competitive in PA state harescrambles, not to mention I can't sell it if my life depended on it because once people hear I have no title it's over and done with.. A local wanted to trade me a brand new ltr, came to my house and everything then packed up and left.. Talk about heart breaking! lol :tired:

With that said, kid's never buy quads or anything without a title.. you screw yourself over in the long run lol :o :p

scottsworld
01-23-2008, 04:13 PM
if you want to sell it just write up a bill of sale and get it noterized and then they can try to gget the tittle if they want or there are several frames on ebay with tittles for a couple bucks and just put everything on that frame