PDA

View Full Version : pred 90 cdi box problem

mkelee
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Hello everyone I just bought my daughter a predator 90 06
This last weekend was her 1st trip to ocotillo wells on the predator. She quickly got the feel of it and progressed quickly
(not her first time riding). I took the jumper of the pdi and it did not get any better. Is there somthing else I need to like open the pipe up or re-jet?? any help would be greatly appreciated! This is a great website!:D

tireman43
01-23-2008, 01:28 PM
If you took the little metal jumper off the only other thing would be to unscrew the throttle stop.

schortzracing
01-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Was this her first time on that bike?
Did you ride it before you went to Ocotillo?
What is the elevation difference between where you last rode and Ocotillo?
If you notice any power difference, might be jets.
Have you checked the air filter?
Changing your spark plug and doing your basic maintenance will help allot.
a note on the oil change
It also has gear oil which is located in the tranny and needs to be changed out regularly.
There is a drain plug near the bottom rear of the transmission. There is a hole in the skid plate to get a socket up to it.
Then remove the seat and a small plastic fairing on the right side (throttle side) of the bike.
Next remove the plastic heat shield from the exhaust and you will now have full view of the oil level sight glass and the fill plug.
The fill plug is in there a ways and can be a pain to get the oil to.
If you remove the top bolt on the heat shield bracket and loosen the bottom bolt you can rotate this out of the way and get just enough room to get a oil bottle to the fill plug and with a careful slow pour get it in without making a big mess.
Fill it up to the middle of the sight glass. Took a bit less then half of a quart. I used gearsaver gear oil but have yet to see how this oil works out in this bike. I hope this helps for anyone who may be doing this to a similar bike for the first time.

mkelee
01-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Yes I know about the throttle lock screw. We live in San Diego and she road it several time there. Ocotillo is a little higher in altitude. In its original pdi setting I could see that it could have loaded up in a higher altitude and when I pulled the crossover off of the pdi, I did not check the plug . When I get home I will check it out. Thank you very much for the tips!!