PDA

View Full Version : Gibson 7 Way Steering Stabilizer

hornetgod13
01-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Since I'm going all out on upgrading the suspension, I figured it would be wise to get a steering stabilizer too. After looking around and reading multiple threads on the topic, I decided to go with a Gibson 7 way rebuildable steering dampner. Gibson is one of the best in the business. It cost $159.00 (Ebay) and the installation was pretty straight forward. It has a total of 7 settings of dampning. After adjusting it and cycling the bars back and forth I think I'll start out on 3 or 4 and see how it rides. It's really sopposed to minimize arm pump and rapid bar jerking when you hit obsticles or rough terrain. Once I get the whole quad back together, I'll take it out and give it a thorough testing. Here's a picture of it installed.

mitchamus
01-23-2008, 06:33 AM
NIce. I plan o gettin 1 of these this year to.

Honda#4
01-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Looks good Hornet, does that also fit aftermarket stems too? or do you need a different mount?

hornetgod13
01-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Honda#4
Looks good Hornet, does that also fit aftermarket stems too? or do you need a different mount?

If your aftermarket stem has the same diameter as your old stock one, than it will fit. Some aftermarket stems are narrower and the clamp won't fit properly.

Honda#4
01-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I guess i'll have to measure mine once, along the road I may get one as well.