PDA

View Full Version : when do you wish you were born

kawiefan
01-22-2008, 07:40 PM
I think i would do better of back in the 1800s like around after the civil war. At 14 right now it dosent look like a very good future for all of us around this age.

I think it would be pretty cool to live back at that age. What about you?

Pappy
01-22-2008, 07:45 PM
all the threads lately from people that dont even have a job crying about the economy and the thought of not being able to buy the next chrome widget for their quad....

.....id say that living off the land would kill 99% of you all

my88r
01-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

get rid of electric and all of that. not many would survive. lol

01-22-2008, 08:34 PM
90's were awesome i wish i could relive them only a bit older

mineralgrey01gt
01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Polak1035
90's were awesome i wish i could relive them only a bit older

i agree

user101
01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
I would like to be my age but in the mid 60's during the musclecar era.:macho

bwamos
01-23-2008, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by kawiefan
I think i would do better of back in the 1800s like around after the civil war. At 14 right now it dosent look like a very good future for all of us around this age.

Don't beleive everything they "teach" you in school. They tried to throw that crap at us as well when I was in school 15+ years ago.

We were told that we would be the first generation to be worse off than our parents.. bla bla bla bla.... they were wrong.

The economy is great. We're just loaded up with doomsayers, a negative people. We've had almost 53 straight months of job growth. (not recession). I'm in a industry that is drectly affected by economic trends. Capital investements. Aka.. buildings. We've had the strongest year we've had in 50 years. In fact for 4th quarter we maxed out our gain sharing. That is unheard of in the 4th and 1st quarters in our business.

Ok back to the subject.... when would I like to live??? 1950's perhaps. Work hard save up and snag a Shelby Cobra.. lol.

Quad18star
01-23-2008, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't wish to be born any other year than the one I was born. Being an early '80s born , I've had the chance to grow up in the so called " Generation X" aka the '90s ... which I think was one of the best and probably one of the most influencial since the '60s. We're a generation that has spoken out about issues , caused "chaos" and haven't looked back. :p

Plus when you look at it from an employment perspective , we fit right in with the retirement of a LOT of Baby Boomers , so we have a wealth of employment opportunities. Hell the field that I'm in is expecting a shortage of over 80 000 people here in Canada because of the rapid retirement rate within the next 5-10 years.... and that's just 1 Industry .

It's good being an '80s kid. :devil:

limetimeracerII
01-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
all the threads lately from people that dont even have a job crying about the economy and the thought of not being able to buy the next chrome widget for their quad....

You got that right. I was talking with my grampa the other day about growing up when he did. He grew up on a farm in Kentucky during the depression, and hes always telling me storys about how much work it was. Which I believe him. What they did before breakfast would be considered a hard days work now a days. Although it probably would kill me I still think I would enjoy it. Thats probably another reason hes 86 and still in really good shape.