PDA

View Full Version : ITs gonna come down to this......

hunda400ex
11-14-2002, 07:48 PM
i absolutly love honda's always have always will but im not sittin on my *** for anylonger waitin for a 450 this spring im either getting a predator or a cannibal what would you recomend?

CHAUNCY
11-14-2002, 07:49 PM
I like the canniable but never ridden one. I hear cannondale makes GREAT quads.

11-14-2002, 07:50 PM
dotn waste your money on some big heavy peice of crap named a polaris

Nausty
11-14-2002, 07:50 PM
cannibal, why would you think about getting a preditor? Let me guess, you've been reading those reviews of atv action and dirt wheels. Do you happen to notice any adds for the preditor in those magizines?

hunda400ex
11-14-2002, 07:54 PM
good pt

11-14-2002, 08:07 PM
hahaha, if you read dirt wheels wait for yamaha's yz450 atleast yamaha has the balls to say they are in the process of a making a dang 450. I think yamaha's 450 is gonna rule the quad industry for a while next to cannondale. Until honda step's up and yamaha comes out wiht this quad, yamaha will hold the throne for a little bit. Mid-2003 at the earliest it will be out. Cannondale's are also good though

Rip_Tear
11-14-2002, 08:16 PM
Theres no question here! The the C-dale, if you have the money. Take it from someone who will never buy a polaris, dont do it, they may say all this stuff, it may be faster.. it may be have better reviews over all others but they dont prove anything, untill you've ridden them. Polaris is known for making garbage. Just my opinion but I dont know a single person who has owned more then 1 of their quads, before switching because they didnt like it.

Team Outlaw #34
11-14-2002, 08:19 PM
well if you have to get one of those i would get a cannibal.....

Or you could get one of those 700 kawasaki's that look like turtles

11-14-2002, 08:21 PM
lmao

400exRacerX
11-14-2002, 08:29 PM
Or you could drop 4k for a crf450 motor and drop it in your 400ex frame with some mods to it.

Pappy
11-14-2002, 08:42 PM
ummm.....i was in the same boat:D well...not really;)

JConner
11-14-2002, 09:00 PM
Why are yall talking bad about a bike that yall have never riden much less seen? Polaris is comeing out with a great ATV and there is a 99% chance that it will be better then the 400ex, does this scare yall? If not then why bash Polaris? Polaris is a great company and makes great ATV's, I know this for a fact since I own a Polaris and have never had anything go wrong with it. In a few years I might end up buying a Predator and i'm sure that when I buy it yall will still be sitting around talking about the new Honda 450 that has not come out. Honda will not step up but if they do it will be sad, just look at what they built to get in the top of the 4x4 world, the Rincon. Talk about a pice.

Pappy
11-14-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by JConner
Why are yall talking bad about a bike that yall have never riden much less seen?

In a few years I might end up buying a Predator

how can you talk good about the predator.....or bad about the 400ex....you dont own either?:confused:

Texan32
11-15-2002, 09:02 AM
talking bad about Polaris....i CAN talk frorm experience!!!
I know this is a few years back (and I DON'T KNOW IF Pol. has changed its ways, but...) I worked for a Kawa and Pol. dealer. I was the setup guy. I got to spend all day building/assembling new quads, bikes and watercraft. I can honestly tell every one of you. If/when a dealership tries to charge you 300+ bucks for setup and prep, tell him to shove that idea up his keister. I take no more than an hour to assemble a quad out of the crate!!! Anyhow, back to the story. When i would take a kawa out of the crate, all i ever had to do was install the tires, straighten the bars and ill it with gas/oil. I might have had to tweek the tie rods just a bit to get the alignment straight. A polaris took a good 4 hous! The bars had to be installed, the plastic crap on the bars had to be installed (this usually included custom cutting because the cr@p NEVER lined up like it should. The alignment was ALWAYS soo screwed up, it took a good half hour to straighten. And, their watercraft were the exact same way!!! I'll tell you one thing though. Our service guys did make ALOT of money off polaris. They were always fixing them, especially the jetski's. Those had a really bad habbit of the piston literally fusing itself to the cylinder wall!!! In the one summer that i worked there, i truthfull saw at least 25 motors that were completely locked up!

After working in that shop for just a few months, i vowed NEVER to even think of buying a Pooplaris. I also figured out that polaris stands for (i kinda made this up) Piece Of Lame @ss Rejected Indonesian *****.

Ryan
11-15-2002, 09:20 AM
Just from reading articals and talking to people who own polarises, I will never get one. The only thing I heard was really good on the palaris is that it was pretty powerful. I would definitly go with a C-dale. If I had money right now I would definitly by a cannondale, they do have a few problems hear and there but if your a tuff rider and you can handle that thing than get it.

flyin#5
11-15-2002, 09:31 AM
i will never own a polaris because i have seen what happens to them when you use them like a honda. I have gone to dealerships that sold both honda and polaris and the dealers even say that if you buy a polaris you will probably be in here in a couple weeks getting it fixed but if you get the honda we will most likely not see you ever again. my uncle has a polaris and i cant say how many times we have had to haul it back with our honda. every time he goes out something breaks and he has to tear it down again. like righ now he blew a gasket and water got into the piston. he started it up for 1 minute and the thing blew. luckily he got back from his 8mile ride home.

Blysster
11-15-2002, 10:09 AM
I, also, am speaking with lots of Polaris experience.

We are on our 4th Polaris quad, and honestly, I don't have anything bad to say about any of them. Yes they do require more maintenance then other quads but if they are treated right and well maintained they will last forever. They certainly weren't designed to jump 80 foot doubles or for drag racing but they are good all around machines with lots of power. In my opinion their Utility quads are, by far, the kings when it comes to mud playing!

And as far as the predator goes, how can everyone be so quick to judge it? I'm sure no one here as tried one yet. Saying it will suck simply because it is a Polaris is ridiculous. The thing is redesigned from the ground and is nothing alike their previous quads.

It may very well turn out as the biggest pile of junk out there but who knows?! give it time to prove itself before putting it down.

And, like it or not, Polaris has done allot more for our industry than Honda ever has.

Evan
11-15-2002, 11:25 AM
If you like working on stuff buy a Polaris, if you want to test out new stuff and be a guinea pig buy a dale.

robsredride
11-15-2002, 11:30 AM
I dont own a Polaris but I was talking to the dealer and he said if I get the extended warrenty and dont use it then he will buy the warrenty back. I havent heard of any other dealers doing that.

11-15-2002, 12:21 PM
buy a dale, you wont be disspointed

hunda400ex
11-15-2002, 03:30 PM
ive heard that you have ot adjust the valves on a dale ever 100 hours is that true? i also might look into a kfx 400.

spincr4hire
11-15-2002, 04:07 PM
I'll be buying the KFX or Z as soon as I sell the EX, unless Honda comes out with something quickly, can't afford the 'Dale.

MichaelS693
11-15-2002, 04:10 PM
im stickin with the idea that the preditor is going to suprise everyeone

11-15-2002, 04:15 PM
one of my friends has a trailblazer n dont get me wrong there actually kinda powerfull towed my butt home once but n e way my friend front wheels always lock up and jsut to get apipe on the thing took like 4 hours his gas line brokon the thing once even though there powerfull i would not recoment this to n e one after a long time of riding they just get boring no cluth sucks my friend with the trailblazer will agree to.

stocktires
11-15-2002, 06:21 PM
Be a guinea pig with a dale? Thats some BS

Dale's have now definatley prooved themselves. They stand behind their stuff no matter what (cant say much for other companies :rolleyes: )

Dale's are THE top of the line

Im keeping my mouth shut bout the Polairs, but I wont be buying one thats fo' sho'

Guy400
11-15-2002, 06:45 PM
I'd go for this one:D

Z-King
11-15-2002, 06:53 PM
i was watching somthing on the outdoor chanel and they did the test on the polaris four 30 hours it only took 28 for the traney to slip

Evan
11-15-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
Be a guinea pig with a dale? Thats some BS

Dale's have now definatley prooved themselves. They stand behind their stuff no matter what (cant say much for other companies :rolleyes: )

Dale's are THE top of the line

Im keeping my mouth shut bout the Polairs, but I wont be buying one thats fo' sho'

Yes they better stand behind their machines, as expensive as they are.
When I had my scrambler, Polaris had a warranty and they stood behind their machines too, anything went wrong they replaced it. Now that was only a 6 month warranty but still. I dont know what hondas warranty is like cuz I ve never bought a new Honda. But I can always work on my honda in my shop. Thats something I couldnt say about my Polaris or a dale.
Another thing, I didnt care to have to tote my polaris the nearest dealer 45 miles away just for a problem. My honda I can work on at home, it may not be under warranty but I dont have to drive 50 miles to get it worked on. If I had a dale I would have to do the same as my polaris, drive 45 miles to get it worked on.

Guy400
11-15-2002, 07:47 PM
Why couldn't you work on your Dale at home?? People act like they're powered by a nuclear fission reactor or something:huh It is a 4-stroke powerplant just like everything else that's out there based on the same principles. Instead of you having a carb, I've got a throttle body and outside of that they're very similar.

That's like saying you'll keep driving your '72 Malibu because at least you can work on it rather than buying a new Corvette. Underneath all the fancy plastic covers it's virtually the same thing.

11-15-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Guy432
Why couldn't you work on your Dale at home?? People act like they're powered by a nuclear fission reactor or something:huh It is a 4-stroke powerplant just like everything else that's out there based on the same principles. Instead of you having a carb, I've got a throttle body and outside of that they're very similar.

That's like saying you'll keep driving your '72 Malibu because at least you can work on it rather than buying a new Corvette. Underneath all the fancy plastic covers it's virtually the same thing.

yea, dont let something that looks all modern intimidate you, i was like that then leanred the new truck aint crap to work on just fuel injection etc.......

stocktires
11-15-2002, 08:58 PM
I hear ya guy,
o yea, Honda's warrenty SUX! Thats why I dont like honda, the frame could peel, rust, and crack in half after you rode down the road the first time and they'd call it "owner abuse"