PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!!! on parts

rev-man
01-22-2008, 05:12 PM
i have an 07 250ex and it needs so more power but needs to look better too

and dont tell me i need a 300ex or bigger cause my parents wont let me get anything else til graduation of high school so dont start saying get a bigger bike cause it aint happening

i need suggestions on parts to buy for the most power with out boring or tearing top-end apart

and suggestions to make it look better thanks

Honda10
01-24-2008, 06:41 AM
I say get an HMF full system, K&N airfilter, Jets, some razor rear tires, amr stage 2 revbox, and the only thing i can think of for looks is cut your fenders or get some graphics.

ryanh250ex
01-24-2008, 11:09 AM
See FAQ

250excrf250r
01-25-2008, 08:10 PM
if you have a pipe already then get a jet kit air filter w/ no lid and a revbox if you dont have a pipe i have a yosh rs3 complete and is is alot more power ful than before. for looks go to rock mountain and get um racing wheel spacers all around. maxxis razrs,rental bars, hand guards, nerf bars, front bumper and if you trail ride and dont hve enought ground clearnce then get a skid plate to protect the motor.

Honda10
01-26-2008, 07:54 AM
if you get wheels spacers, dont get them in the front, that is the worst thing. What I did was get durablue spacers in the back and +4.5 widening kit in the front from diamondJcustoms.com

250excrf250r
01-26-2008, 10:27 AM
then get a bigger axle or it wont turn very good

250exkid
01-27-2008, 09:35 AM
the best pipe system is the sparks... proven from dyno runs, get a rev box, no air box lid and a webcam. but your not gonna have monster power and speed inless you put like a 270 bore in it,, but other then that it will be pretty torqy

rev-man
01-28-2008, 12:49 PM
im gonna get hmf full system,uni air filter, webcam, valve springs and a rev-box stage 3
and kenda knarlys ,and spacers for the rear thanks guys

prairiemonster
01-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by rev-man

and dont tell me i need a 300ex or bigger cause my parents wont let me get anything else til graduation of high school so dont start saying get a bigger bike cause it aint happening

i need suggestions on parts to buy for the most power with out boring or tearing top-end apart

and suggestions to make it look better thanks Forget about the other pipe the web cam and the springs!To do the springs and get the push rods out for the new cam means taking the top end apart.You also have to take the side cover off,clutch out, timeing chain and etc.Do the rev box the filter and jet kit, then find a dyno to test/tune your quad on.The dyno will be the best money spent on your quad!
For the most power without getting into the motor will be Boss-Noss set up.It seems to be pretty safe on stock motors and can be moved from one quad to another in about an hour, and less than $50 in parts.
You have to cut weight,not add it,if you replace parts that weigh
more than your taking off you are going to go slower.
Your tire size and weight is a big deal too.
If you have the go you don't need the show.

01-29-2008, 02:42 PM
I would go with:

Performance:
-HMF Full System
-K&N w/ Outerwears
-Port work clean up
-Jets

Handling:
-Razr tires

Styling:
-Graphics
-Seat

A Must...:
-Nerf Bars

250exkid
01-29-2008, 02:58 PM
if your gonna have it for a wile do it right and dont go cheap on the pipe go full systems sparks x-4 here was my old one with the old style pipe

rev-man
01-29-2008, 03:12 PM
do they make a boss noss for the 250

and my dg xcellerator what do you think of that pipe

250exkid
01-29-2008, 03:17 PM
lol the worst pipe lol and dude get ready cuz about a million ppl are gonna reply sayin the same lol! there not good idk why u even bout it

rev-man
01-29-2008, 05:52 PM
ok well it lokks like i will be looking for a new pipe what is your take on supertrapp ids2 my friend has one and he said he will give it to me

what is suggestion on air filter uni or twin air

01-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Heres exhaust brands and how they perform from best to worst.

1)Curtis Sparks
2)HMF
3)White Brothers
4)...... and so on

prairiemonster
01-30-2008, 08:10 AM

Hey,rev-man and all others that have quads.Before you spend that money on looking good and going fast,make sure you have the two most important things:
INSURANCE
SERVICE MANUAL
Here again money will spent.

250exkid
01-30-2008, 08:57 AM
umm dont worry about insurence inless u go to races and travel alot! with ur quad other wise dont worry about it... umm the ids2 is a good pipe its not the best but for free id put it on! its way better then the DG excellorator!

prairiemonster
01-30-2008, 10:47 AM

Lot of advice for you rev-man some good some bad!So let us play thier advice out.You already have a pipe maybe not the best but far from the worst and the cost now is at 0.A new full system will
cost you$300-$500 for a 0-8hp gain over stock,0-3 over the pipe you have now.Web cam $200-$300 for 0-3hp,rev-box$75-$150 for 0-3hp,porting $200-$300 for0-4hp.Big bucks small gains if your not racing for money.You need to look at it like this:
part=cost=hp for about a $1000 you can get about 10-15% hp, a boss-noss will cost the same and 15-30% HP gain.
Make the front about 6" wider the rear 5and1/2" after maket shocks and you should be good to go on that.
As far as looks go, nothing in this world will get you more looks and comments than a big old noss bottle hanging on the rear grab bar of your 250ex.The uni filter does better air flow but the twin air stops dirt better.As long as we are doing % let's go back to the pipe ,filter,jet kit and rev-box.With just the 4 things listed and a near perfect tune you should be able to outperform 80-95%
of the other 4stroke 250's.Good luck and have fun!
:(

ryanh250ex
01-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by prairiemonster
Lot of advice for you rev-man some good some bad!So let us play thier advice out.You already have a pipe maybe not the best but far from the worst and the cost now is at 0.A new full system will
cost you$300-$500 for a 0-8hp gain over stock,0-3 over the pipe you have now.Web cam $200-$300 for 0-3hp,rev-box$75-$150 for 0-3hp,porting $200-$300 for0-4hp.Big bucks small gains if your not racing for money.You need to look at it like this:
part=cost=hp for about a $1000 you can get about 10-15% hp, a boss-noss will cost the same and 15-30% HP gain.
Make the front about 6" wider the rear 5and1/2" after maket shocks and you should be good to go on that.
As far as looks go, nothing in this world will get you more looks and comments than a big old noss bottle hanging on the rear grab bar of your 250ex.The uni filter does better air flow but the twin air stops dirt better.As long as we are doing % let's go back to the pipe ,filter,jet kit and rev-box.With just the 4 things listed and a near perfect tune you should be able to outperform 80-95%

Check your PMs

rev-man
01-30-2008, 01:38 PM
alright well ryanh i have no new pm's from you

and im gonna put the ids 2 on this weekend

250exkid
01-30-2008, 04:51 PM
super trapp makes good strong pipes.....

01-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by prairiemonster

no exhaust would ever give a 250ex 8HP gain. pipes give more like 1-4HP Max. Rev boxes would give a gain so small it might be 1HP. I'm not trying to crucify what your saying bt you over exagretaed all the HP numbers and a bit on the prices too

250excrf250r
01-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Heres exhaust brands and how they perform from best to worst. what about yosh, pro circuit, big gun, cuz yosh should be up there

rev-man
01-31-2008, 06:33 PM
well i have a problem the guy that has the ids 2 wants to keep it

so me and my buddy are gonna put a 112 main jet in it this weekend and we are gonna have 4 in of snow so we are gonna have fun

250exkid
01-31-2008, 07:21 PM
were u live? i live in south east wisconsin and my full sparks pipe with it dialed in it was like a 102 needle rasied and stuff for cold weather

rev-man
01-31-2008, 07:41 PM
souhern IL it is 28 degrees and my dg has no spark arrestor just open fully

that is what the faq says so i went by it

ryanh250ex
01-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by 250excrf250r
what about yosh, pro circuit, big gun, cuz yosh should be up there

You'll find there's alot of people who talk about exhausts, thinking ____ is the best, or _______ brand sucks. Fact of the matter is, most people- including many of the people who are posting in this thread- don't know what they're talking about. Theres alot of really great exhausts missing from that list.

Racers dont run a brand of exhaust because it makes the most power, most run what they run due to sponsorships or because they need an exhaust to get by sound restrictions. Most weekend warriors like you or i buy whatever "sounds cool" or what's a good deal.

I run my T-4 because it is a very well made product and sounds great.

Buy based on build quality and fit and finish, and chances are you won't go wrong.

250exkid
02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
exactly.... sparks is very well build.... iv heard duncan is also built very nie same with HMF. im sure most are good but u said ya want the most power...if u dont belive me go search around on the forums the sparks has been dynoed and showed the most increase

prairiemonster
02-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
no exhaust would ever give a 250ex 8HP gain. pipes give more like 1-4HP Max. Rev boxes would give a gain so small it might be 1HP. I'm not trying to crucify what your saying bt you over exagretaed all the HP numbers and a bit on the prices too I think you missed it! I started with 0 because you might not gain a thing in hp and in some cases loose hp.Sure the numbers may be a little high on hp but I was trying to cover it all.
No matter what numbers I posted somebody was going to disagree too high too low.As far as item prices they are full retail and right on.You can change the hp number and prices to whatever you think are right.Add the prices up add the hp up and see if the hp gain is worth the amount of money your going to spend.Just remember that you can add all the things I said and along with everybody elses ideas and if not done right you will not gain a thing.When you do a build one part at a time you will not see a gain in power even a loss,until you find the combo of items that work together.
FoxHondaRider I would like you to e-mail some of the exhaust
companies and tell them that thier pipe only makes1-4hp for the 250ex and post thier reply.I think that could be very interesting for us to see.:rolleyes:

rev-man
02-02-2008, 07:12 PM
well i put the 112 in so that shows you how much the faq is good

and i would buy a sparks if i had the money but im broke

250exkid
02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
yea i hear ya on the money part... i bought mine for 210$ shipped from a kid off here

rev-man
02-04-2008, 12:08 PM
hey im thinking of buying I razrs for my 250 what do you all think

02-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Regular razrs seem like a better all around tire

250exkid
02-04-2008, 03:19 PM
buy maxxis all traxs yea they may not look good but they are! and there cheap