PDA

View Full Version : Shock Rebuild - opinions and turn around times

tunafreedolphin
01-22-2008, 08:54 AM
I am really considering getting my shocks rebuilt. I would love to hear from the people that have done it. Also, how long did it take from the time you sent your shocks to the company to the time they were back at your doorstep.

patrickj75
01-22-2008, 09:05 AM
i know Moto-Xperts and Baldwin have quick turnaround and both work on a variety of shocks.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Our turn around on a std service is 1-2 days
A revalve and respring is 1-2 weeks total, sometime only 1-2 days depending on parts availablity.

ss440ex
01-22-2008, 10:10 AM
I use j-hracing...great service and turn around time.
Keeps lots of parts in stock, and gets them right.

j-hracing.com

In Owasso Oklom.

Dave400ex
01-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Toby at Moto-Xperts is the man. Give him a call

bloodmoney23
01-22-2008, 01:11 PM
i would just go through colby@c&dracing. he already gave you his word it would be back in 2 weeks maximum (if he has parts available would be 2 days) and the pricing is pretty good. just talk to him, down to earth guy and likes to help people out. Dont do baldwin (good company and all),but shipping alone would take forever cause they are here on east coast and i see you are in NM.

tunafreedolphin
01-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I asked Colby for a quote and he responded very quickly. I have read good things about C&D. If the wife approves I will probably ship my shocks out next Monday (I want to get one more weekend in before I send them off). Thanks for everyones input. I will post up once they are installed and I can take them for a spin.

Originally posted by bloodmoney23
i would just go through colby@c&dracing. he already gave you his word it would be back in 2 weeks maximum (if he has parts available would be 2 days) and the pricing is pretty good. just talk to him, down to earth guy and likes to help people out. Dont do baldwin (good company and all),but shipping alone would take forever cause they are here on east coast and i see you are in NM.

Turboderf
01-22-2008, 01:37 PM
I did GT thunder ..from florida to ohio back to florida about 2 weeks revalve and springs set up for me florida xc riding b class they did two bikes for me and i love the ride great job good luck

Flynbryan19
01-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Another vote for GT Thunder. I have used "other" companies in the past and their service, customer relations, and product were not near as good as GT Thunder. Plus from the day I sent my shocks off to the day they arrived at my front door was exactly a week and two days. You can't beat that. :eek2:

d3ktrix
01-22-2008, 05:14 PM
When GTT did my rear shock they shipped it back out the same day they got it from me. (Revalve/Spring/Link)

Mailed it Sat, they got it Monday, I had it back Tuesday.
Was all just regular ground shipping too.

I was super surprised when I saw it at my door on Tuesday.

national425ex
01-22-2008, 05:30 PM
I also vote for GT Thunder. Laz will set you up nice!

Ty's400
01-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Moto-Xperts! ;)

Troyer23J
01-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Derisi Racing also does great work. Santo is a GNCC pro and knows how to make a shock work. His re-valves on stock 450r shocks worked better then my ELKA elites did when I got them from ELKA.

At least talk to him before going with someone else.

www.derisiracing.com

wesdixon
01-23-2008, 08:37 PM
I sent all 3 of my shocks off my trx450er to Derisi Racing. They did an awesome job and it took a week. I also got their rear linkage.