PDA

View Full Version : bolts

hondarider101
01-22-2008, 08:01 AM
i polished some of my engine bolts like the heatshield bolts and clutch cover bolts, and they look like they are rusting what should i do i thought they were alum.?

bloodmoney23
01-22-2008, 10:22 AM
repolish them. when you polish something it takes a lot of work to keep them that way. there is a guy on ebay that sells a full ss bolt kit for the 450r but you need to use loctite on almost every bolt cause ss doesnt like to stay tight due to vibration.

hondarider101
01-22-2008, 12:42 PM
ok, i was thinking either get em pc'ed or polish em and clear coat em untill a coulpe years when i get everything pc'ed?

thanks,

bloodmoney23
01-22-2008, 01:05 PM
I wouldnt PC them, it would cost a lot of money then you would have to rethread all of them when they came back unless you sent them to a really good PC'r that would take the time to cover the threads on 540 bolts. if you want them to look good and last just buy a stainless steel bolt kit. If you just want the motor bolts ill sell you mine for $20 plus shipping. ill send you a pic of all the bags id send which is quite a bit and they are all allenhead bolts and will look good for a long time.

hondarider101
01-22-2008, 01:08 PM
all i need is the clutch cover bolts and the heatsheid bolts thats it i would tape em and get em pc'ed if i tape em good, i prolly paint em black w/ dupi engine paint.

send me a pic, thanks.

Troyer23J
01-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Clean them up again, then get a really thin piece of cardboard and jam then all through it so only the head is showing. Then get some clear coat and spray all the heads lightly a couple times. I did this last year and they still look good